Switch

Haki

• 2 months later...

I wanted to switch to Xplane11 but I downloaded the demo and played around with it not my cup of tee flight plans are very cumbersome and also the platform is nothing like FSX or prepar I like things easy hopefully lerimar research will do a new Xplane11 and set it up like FSX or prepa4 it does have great graphics but just a little complicated to get running a lot of moving parts.. .

Actually, Laminar already "changed their system" to better accommodate FSX & P3D users...  I really hope Austin and Crew DON'T Change it... X-Plane is X-Plane NOT FSX or P3D, the interface now is really easy compared to previous versions. It just takes some time to get use to it, just like when you first used FS series for the first time.

Sorry, just my viewpoint!

I too am contemplating changing to X-Plane 11 as cityscape Barcelona keeps crashing in FSX on windows 10 because it is a 32bit programme.  My big worry is

that I have spent a lot of money on Orbx products and can not afford to buy everything again. Would really appreciate some help on this matter Thank You

@Wilso43 Unsure what "help" you are seeking. Nick has said and I can vouch, that for every Orbx addon you have purchased for FSX/P3D there will be a discount for any XP version that may be released. Any new addon for XP, like True Earth England for example has not been produced or released  for FSX/P3D and therefore new, will not be discounted but at full price. Should it then be released for FSX/P3D and you purchased the XP version and you want to buy it for FSX/P3D, then I am assuming a discount may be offered.

Bear in mind also that currently and traditionally a huge amount of freeware, much of it at payare standard, is available for XP. Orbx are adding to the payware standard with their current plans of conversions to XP from FSX/P3D. XP is a much cheaper sim to run as there is so much freeware that would be a cost in P3D. I am not referring to Orbx type products but thing like HD Mesh, major airports, night lighting enhancements, free photo real etc.

Buy all the Orbx addons as they are released, at a discount, and you will have a great sim to complement your current FSX/P3D set up. The best of both (virtual) worlds:)

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to make up my mind about switching from P3D v3 to either P3D v4 or X-Plane 11.  If I switch to P3Dv4 I think I can switch my ORBX scenery (all of UK and Southampton airport) at no cost.  But I am told there are advantages to switching to XP, but there will be a cost.  I have seen reference to migrating to XP and there will be a discount to reduce the pain.

Can I migrate all my current P3D v3 UK scenery to XP11 and what will the discount be?

Thank you,

Tregarth

Hello,

you can buy some products that you already own for X Plane 11 at a reduced cost, however, to date there

are only a very few that are ready.

If you choose to go for P3D v4, all the products that you own can be installed into it at no cost at all.

• 5 months later...

Hello

Now True Earth GB South is out for X-Plane 11. I have not visited orbx for quite a while now since I have switched from FSX to X-Plane. Trying to do the update of Orbx-Libraries I get the message that I do not have the license for this product. However, when I want to migrate the licenses as told, I get the message that the licenses have been migrated....What shall I do? Also, how do I go about to get the discussed discount on buying True Earth GB for X-Plane 11?

Regards

Hello

If you are trying to update the X Plane 11 libraries, you may have to first visit the Orbx Direct freeware

page and add them to your account.

There is no discount on a True Earth product unless you already own another version.

TEGB South is so far the only version available for X Plane 11 and P3D but as you don't have P3D and

the P3D version has only just been released, I doubt that you have it.

This is from the P3D version page:

If you have the X-Plane version of TrueEarth Great Britain South, you get this version for 40% off with our cross-platform discount!

Thank you  Nick

I have now downloaded the X-Plane 11 libraries and they are now at the very bottom of my Scenery_packs.ini, below hd-mesh scenery v4 and all ortho4xp Tiles. What will the orbx x-plane libraries do?

I have purchased the following products (for FSX) from Orbx so far: Global Base, Global Vector, Global openLC North America, Global open LCEurope, EU Germany North&South. On which (current or future) products will I be getting a discount if I purchase them for X-Plane 11?

The Orbx X Plane 11 libraries contain object common to more than

one product and these do not display unless the libraries are installed.

A discount has so far been applied to identical products released

for X Plane 11 and for FSX/P3D upon purchase of the second copy.

None of the products that you list conform to that condition.

If they ever do, a discount for your second copy is likely.

Archived