Night textures during day

Hello Forum. The reason I am posting this issue is because i read all the other posts talking about this issue with NO succes.

The areas i flew and i saw this textures are San Diego, CA and Insbruck, Miami (everywhere)

This are my orbx products installed in my Prepar3d v4.2: FTX Global, Vector, Open LC SA, Open LC NA, Open LC EU.

This is what i made to try to fix the problem without succes:

- Reloaded original shaders with PTA 2.6

- Reinstalled Vector and Open LC SA, NA and EU

- Reinstalled all ORBX products i mentioned above

- I do not have any Fly Tampa scenery installed

- Reinstalled Prepar3d 4,2 Client

- Deleted Scenery.cfg and made a rebuild

What else i can do? This is my order or installation

1st FTX Global..Everything Ok

2nd Vector -> The night textures appear here!!!!!!

3rd All open LCs -> The night textures continue...

Any other good advice..

Thanks, Agustin

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Night textures during day

This is how I fixed mine when it happened.  BTW, the steps can vary from person to person.

1.  I know you "reloaded" your "original shaders" with PTA.  Go hardcore instead.  DELETE the ENTIRE P3D Shader folder, then START P3D and let P3D rebuild a totally NEW default one (before continuing with the below).

2.  Uninstall the OpenLC areas where you are having the problems (use FTX Central for this!!!  Don't just manually start deleting folders in your P3D installation).  In your case (according to your post) that would be NA and EU.  But if it was me, I'd uninstall the SA one (for now) too.  You can always reinstall it again later.

3.  Run the ORBX Migration Tool.  Yeah, I know.  Doesn't seem like a needed thing.  Just Do It.  It won't HURT anything.

4.  Now reinstall (using FTX Central again) EITHER your OpenLC NA or EU (the two areas you are having the problem).  Just one, so you can check it to see if it is working.  But only AFTER you......

5.  Reinstall your ORBX Libraries.  Always the LAST thing you should do after "changing" ORBX products.

If the above fixes ONE of your areas, then install the other OpenLC product, then do the ORBX Libraries AGAIN, then see if both areas have been fixed.  If yes, reinstall the SA OpenLC then.

The above might seem like overkill, but it will identify if you have a DIFFERENT problem that what would normally fix the "night textures in the daytime" thingie.  Quite simply, something in your ORBX installation got corrupted, and in this case it is usually something to do with an OpenLC product.  But I think you may have missed a couple important steps in everything you did to try to fix it.

EDIT:  Just noticed it is your first post here.  You need to list ONE of your ORBX products Order Numbers for support here in the future.

Thank you FalconAf.

Did as you told. Started with NA. 

It doesnt work. I still get night textures.

I am testing in San Diego California and Miami.

What can I do? I read in another post to delete Prepar3d client???? Please help, thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Piling on here as I'm having the same issue, but noticed it around CYVR. Tried the same steps as Agustin and those suggested by FalconAF except:

FalconAF when you say reinstall libraries, my FTX Central doesn't have an option to uninstall the libraries, presumably with other products installed, should I hard delete them from the ORBX folder in order to reinstall them? 

Hello,

to reinstall the libraries, you can do this:

1. If FTX Central v3 does not automatically update the libraries, you can go to

ORBX\User Documents\Versions\ and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT .

Run FTX Central again and only the files that you need will be downloaded and installed.

I know the problem. I reckon you got FTX Germany South and FTX LOWI Innsbruck. My solution was to open LOWI Control panel and use FTX Germany South mode instead of FTX Global mode. Check if this mode changes will work with the other areas you mention,- which I do not have. Good Luck!

Archived