Any clue how to avoid this message?

Hello Carlos 

I haven't seen this yet in Prepar3D.   

Have you Manually edited the Scenarios.cfg file in the ProgramData location ?   (Not the Scenery.cfg file but the Scenarios.cfg file) 

Can also be caused by FSX effects files.

Do you have the Estonia Migration Tool Installed ?  (EMT)    Are you using Prepar3D Compatible only Add On's ? 

Hi Carlos,

I've seen these errors with corrupt or incorrectly coded effect files (a parameter is supposed to have a minimum and maximum value but the two numbers are reversed). Your content log lists two effect files, aerosoft_lfkc-ls_control.fx and fx_simwings_pafa_apronlight1_control.fx that may cause that error message. You can try navigating to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects\, find those two files, rename their extension from .fx to .OFF, and then re-start P3D to check whether the error message has disappeared.

Cheers, Holger 

13 hours ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Carlos 

I haven't seen this yet in Prepar3D.   

Have you Manually edited the Scenarios.cfg file in the ProgramData location ?   (Not the Scenery.cfg file but the Scenarios.cfg file) 

Can also be caused by FSX effects files.

Do you have the Estonia Migration Tool Installed ?  (EMT)    Are you using Prepar3D Compatible only Add On's ? 

Hello Elaine

Thank you for replying. I have not done such thing with the Scenarios, and I don't have the EMT, but the FSX effects file might be the reason.

I was installing some Brazilian sceneries, some were made for FSX, and others for P3D, as the FX ones were good in p3d 3 I tried them all, once installed some look very good others terribly awful so I deleted those. One in particular that before showing the scenery pop up that message I clicked ok and then the scenery started but as it looked bad I closed it and deleted it.

But then restart the sim and the message continue showing so I don't know what it referes to, if the scenery is gone. But your comment might be ok, as a file might have remained in the effects folder. so I think the issue could be solved by identifying it and deleting it but I have not a clue of how to identify it.

I'll to though.

Thanks for the guidance I'll tryto identyfy it,

Regards,

Carlos

3 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Carlos,

I've seen these errors with corrupt or incorrectly coded effect files (a parameter is supposed to have a minimum and maximum value but the two numbers are reversed). Your content log lists two effect files, aerosoft_lfkc-ls_control.fx and fx_simwings_pafa_apronlight1_control.fx that may cause that error message. You can try navigating to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects\, find those two files, rename their extension from .fx to .OFF, and then re-start P3D to check whether the error message has disappeared.

Cheers, Holger 

Hello again Holger

Sorry to keep you busy. I really am

Before this unfortunate issue it seems I caused by an addon, I had Calvi airport installed and no problem was generated, but I followed your instructions though but unfortunately the message shows up yet, so I think Elaine might be right as I do remember some addons had effects files but have no idea which these files were :-(

If I don't manage to find the possible file, by removing all the Brazilian files would fix it? Some are very good sceneries. Now that I remember (while writing all this) I did something I doubted for.

There is this airport for  Brazil which I though the installer had properly installed it. When I flew it didn't look like what I bought... so I went to the folders and semmed to me to have a very strange structure. The scenery & folder texture where inside another named DATA, and as the sim didn't recognized it or had installed it, I changed the name of the folder to the airport one (containing the scenery and texture folders within) and added manually. It ended as the traditional way:

image.png.e2ea7fd0c85d42c8cf5af38c8d2c46cb.png

Could I have made a mess by doing this?

After I followed your instructions closed the sim and a new message appeared:

5ac6e6ba64917_Newmesssge.JPG.be04be1b1c616bef0820e5cbe1b160ee.JPG

Just run the sim to see if all is ok. The message continues but I'll to see if all the rest is fine

Regards,

Carlos

Hi again

I run the sim and went to Brisbaine, but the flight was not smooth, it looks like it wants to get stuck, here's a video:

https://mega.nz/#!FlFDxaaa!icDtGk8cxjRMIBflo_XxhnKn4rOYLrvu10anDeWKrKM

And the content file now has a bunch of additional (understandable) information now, here:

https://mega.nz/#!Yp83CJpR!7328_r4Hr5LUT2SXEjqotkU3lLHtHtUo9Vh8y-pq6-8

Thank you again

Carlos

Dear Elaine & Holger

Good morning.

Just wanted to thank you for having payed attention to my request. I apologize fof having caused this inconvenience and gave you extra work.

The problem was indeed in the effects folder, not sure if the bgls or the bmp or both, but I deleted two of each (under the name of the scenery creator) and the problem is solved. I would have never knew where to search to fix without you.

I installed all the Brazilian sceneries in a raw, so didn't have a clue of what could have been the problem or what was the error refering to, so thank you for pointing me to the right direction. From now on I'll install the scenery and will check it at once so if anything comes wrong it would be easy to revert and won't be giving you extra work.

Thank you again for having assisted me that quickly

Have a great weekend

Regads,

Carlos

Archived