Free X Plane Products For Existing Purchases

simdown42

Hi

I have just bought X Plane 11 and as I have 120 or so ORBX products for P3DV4, my main sim, I was hoping somehow there could be a way of free X Plane versions for these existing products I have invested considerable money in. To have to re purchase every ORBX product for X Plane even with a generous discount will be beyond my limited budget.

Thanks

Cheers

Doug 

That is a nice dream, but the format for XP11+ scenery is different than previous FSX and P3D. The scenery needs to be converted and during the conversion process various adjustments need to be done. Further the adjacent ground textures are also different outside the say airport area meaning that some other blending might be necessary. While a full build is not necessary by Orbx to generate their existing airports there is still work that needs to be done, updating installers etc...time is money.

I picked up the Meigs launch and am very pleased at how well they accomplished the release for XP11. Price point seems reasonable  for existing P3D license holders.

Hey Doug , I feel your pain ; however Orbx is not a non profit corporation . They have a payroll to meet and taxes to pay . I would suggest you save some money for the December Holiday sale , by then hopefully there will several new XP11 titles to choose from .

Cheers

John

Archived