KACK black boxes

mr.Zatha

Hello everybody, recently i bought KACK and while everything looks and work great i have problem with black boxes. I disabled FTX_FTXG_KACK_objects/ADE_FTX_FTXG_KACK_CVX/ADE_FTX_FTXG_KACK files and no luck so far.

I'm running FSX SE with global/vector/NAopenlc and with dx10 preview ON. And so far Nantucket is first airport with this problem.

Thanks in advance for help.

Rj6pHWQ.jpg

bqujOju.png

Thanks for response Smudger. However i would like to stay at DX10, can i have both? DX10 and no black boxes? When i bought Global i had same issue but using freeware "Shader Release v3.2.3" fixed black boxes, but no luck with Nantucket so far. Hope that there is a way to stay at DX10 and have fixed lighting.

@Doug Sawatzky Well, i heard a lot of good stuff about DX10 full version but somehow i can't justify spending this many bucks for "something i can't see", it's just me.

So next thing i tried was looking inside addon files. I found 4 files inside FTX_AA_KACK -> Texture :

blue_light, green_light, red_light, white_light

I opened those files with Gimp and changed black background into transparent and while it fixed lighting during day

2YgPgMV.jpg

then night lighting look okayish

rgg1eXw.jpg

This solution isn't perfect but i'm simple man and for me it's good enough.

ZtEwldt.jpg

I guess my problem is fixed.

I'm sorry Mr. Womack for putting my filthy fingers inside your beautiful work.

Well done Mr Zatha. 

Doug, or anyone else for that matter, can you remember the name of a really nice scenery (like Bills's, Plum/Minute) that came out about 4/5 or so months ago but was unfortunately hit with those black squares. If I recall, that's when we first had that trouble.  If Mr Zatha,s find, can be tried on that scenery the result would be extremely interesting.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim

Sorry I can't recall the specific scenery you are referring to. DX10 Preview in FSX is a flawed situation left broken and unfinished by MS, this is why it's called a "Preview". Steves DX10 Fixer takes care of all DX10 issues regardless of the scenery, 99.9% of sceneries are DX10 compatible, it's FSX that is not compatible. I would not advise users to individually start modifying scenery files, this could start causing other unwanted effects and may make it hard for the developer to provide support, which has the potential of things getting more complicated then they need to be.

Steves DX10 Fixer is very evolved, continuously gets updated and is thoroughly supported. So every time you add a scenery it will automatically fix any compatibility issues FSX might have with it, and it will optimize for performance, and as you know, it provides many other great features. You can also with one click of the mouse convert everything back to DX9 which is handy sometimes for troubleshooting and required sometimes for rebuilding the FSX.cfg....not sure how one would deal with this if there were all kinds of individually modified files. :)

Cheers

Doug

Archived