Roadway Autogen Lights Not Showing

gmbyrne

I recently built a new system for Prepar3d v4 (4.2), and downloaded and installed FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Global Vector and HD Trees yesterday.  After installing and running the Vector Configuration Tool, I started P3D changed to night and had no 3D lights.  I then downloaded the FTX Lights Configurator and selected the desired parameters, then applied to P3D.  Still No 3D lights.  I then updated the ORBX Libraries.  Still no 3D lights.  I uninstalled vector and reinstalled, ran the configuration tool and still no 3D lights.  I'm out of ideas and need some assistance.  I'm waiting to install the Open LC products until I get the vector 3D lights working.

Thanks,

Gerald Byrne

FTX Global Vector Transaction ID 5abacaa779ffa

Thanks Gerald

I don't see anything wrong there....the 3D lights are actually part of FTX Global Base, not Vector, and there is no configuring required. Are you seeing lights but they just don't appear 3D? Or are you not seeing any lights at all?

Please post some screenshots. 

Cheers

Doug

Doug,

Here are a couple of screenshots:

dHyDk5B.jpg

Qk7uhVd.jpg

No 3D lights at all.  Only the light baked into the textures.  I didn't realize that the 3D lights came with global base.  Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling global base?

Thanks for your help!

Gerald

Yes, that wouldn't hurt..

Also, did you make any mods such as the one below from your previous v2 install?

"Richard,

I solved the issue by increasing the widths of all of the custom skirting vector listings in the terrain.cfg by 50 percent. I may still tweak the values for certain road types, but am happy with the results so far."

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.  I did go into the terrain.cfg and increase the skirting widths (as before) since I prefer them a bit wider, but had no 3D lights before (or after) I made this change to the config.  I'll report back after reinstalling global base.

Thanks,

Gerald

Hi Doug,

I finally have 3D lights!  I did a complete uninstall of all addons (ORBX and non-ORBX) and P3D, including all files in "appdata", documents, etc.  I then removed all remaining references to these programs in the registry.  So now I have a clean slate to start from.  I then installed P3D.  This time, the first addon I installed was FTX Global Base, followed by the latest ORBX libraries.  I tested P3D and the 3D lights were working.  I followed by installing Vector and tested.  Still working.  I then added HD Trees, followed by REX Texture Direct (mainly for pavement textures).  All is working now as it should.

Before, I installed P3D, followed by REX Texture Direct then ENVTEX.  Then I installed in this order:  Global Base, Vector, HD Trees, ORBX Libraries.  I don't know if installing the ORBX products first solved the issue, or if I just had a corrupted install of Global Base.  It doesn't really matter, all is working great now!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Gerald

Archived