Vernonia and hat switch in P3DV4

KP Woodsong

I recently purchased P3DV4 and installed my ORBX scenery and airports.  Vernonia in P3DV4 is causing problems with the hat switch on my joystick. When I tried taking off from there only the forward button works. I can pan up but not down right or left. I have all the Vernonia controls set to max detail. All the other joystick functions are working. Not being able to use the hat switch for panning is a non-starter for me. 

Other than most of my ORBX stuff and the A2A Comanche P3D4 is unmodified.  

Regards 

KP

Opps just after I completed the above topic I got in P3DV4 and my joystick hat switch was not working correctly. I had already uninstalled 05S. I got out of the sim and uninstalled 2S1 and 74S and restarted the sim. The hat switch is working fine. So I am not sure witch of payware airports is causing the problem.  I'll have some time to fly around today, without the payware airports, and make sure the problem doesn't appear somewhere else.

Regards,

KP

Hi KP - a friendly reminder that you need to show an ORBX order number somewhere or other (in your profile or signature).

I'm intrigued by this, as I was plagued for a while with a hat switch "sticking" - always the "up" view. I don't think it's scenery related - unless maybe it's a very dense one and memory problems are causing things to go odd. I have a Saitek X-52 Pro and use a combination of FSUIPC and Chaseplane. I tried all sorts of tweaks, then the problem mysteriously went away without me finding out what caused it (typical!!). My suspicion is that it's the [very flaky] Saitek drivers.

Adam.

KP,  I've found that my computer seems to have a brain fart if I put it in sleep mode with my joystick/throttles connected, and then fire up P3D.  The hat button doesn't function fully after that, and neither do some of the programmed buttons.  The disconnect/re-connect routine seems to solve the glitch.

Archived