Tree Problem

Anthin Delahunt

Hi Anthin,

Assuming this is FSX and Nvidia Graphics in use, and you haven't recently updated your Graphics drivers. (Just guessing)
You might recheck your Nvidia CP or If using Nvidia Inspector check Graphics Anisotropic setting and make sure that Anisotropic Filtering is set to x16.
In FSX Graphics settings, make sure Filtering is set to Anisotropic, (not Trilinear).

Hi Anthin,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough patch, I surely hope things turn for the better.

I see that Nick has already provided a picture of his NVI settings, see under section 4 "Texture filtering"  Anisotropic Texture Filtering  - 16x  
It would be advisable to follow the other options set in Nicks NVI panel, his settings should work perfectly.
Remember to click the "Apply Changes" (top right of panel) button twice after you make changes, and have reviewed the correct options have been made and set.

Do not open the Native Nvidia CP after making these changes just run FSX and check that the Scenery Trees Aircraft and other objects are nolonger blurred.

Kind regards Jeff

Indeed Anthin, that sure is blurry autogen, I have not seen this situation before, but I'll hunt around and see what else could be the cause.

I have one further thought which may prove beneficial, could you check your "Global texture resolution" slider  in FSX Settings > Graphics  make sure it is all the way to the right "Very High". 

Would you be able to remind us of your system specs, and any recent changes you have made to Graphics driver and settings prior to the problem. Also could you indicate which Simulator you are using and the location of your screenshot . oops just saw you added the location as Abbotsford Airport BC in your opening post.

In the meantime someone may have some fresh ideas why your autogen is blurry and post a solution, if my last suggestion does not work.

Hi Jeff,

your tip with the "Global texture resolution" slider is the correct one. Most textures include mipmaps -- a sequence of the original texture with progressively lower resolution to be used at increasing view distances -- and this parameter prevents the sim from displaying the higher-resolution mipmaps (in the fsx.cfg file the parameter's name is "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD"). On modern systems the slider should always be set to maximum = "very high".

Cheers, Holger

My  Texture_Max_Load is set to very high.

My specs are. MB.Z77X-D3H, i73770k, gtx 970, 16 Gig of Ram. Water cooled Corsair.

I am beginning to think that when the shop installed the new 2TB harddrive

my former installation is still on the computer. Also the tool band at the top of the screen

is greyed out. I have to guess where the exit is.

Anthin.

Just found my Orbx folder on my old E drive.

All the old files are still there.

Should I uninstall the few Orbx files and then uninstall

all orbx files and try again. ? Maybe there is a conflict ?

This is beginning to take it's toll on me.Btw. I am running FSX Gold plus

direct 10 with Steve's fixer.

Anthin.

Perhaps you should delete your FSX shaders.

Please go to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

and delete both the Shaders and the Shaders10 folders.

You can also go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft and delete the  Facilities

and SceneryIndexes folders.

FSX will rebuild them when you restart it.

Archived