P3D and ORBX - First Good Impression

huascar

Spent the weekend dismantling FSX and swapping graphics cards. The intent was to finally give it a final shot at flight simulation or abdonm it once and for all.  First I tried Steam edition, took about 11 hours to transfer everything over and the disappointment could not have been bigger, even with a new GTX 1060 graphics card and a 4.6GHZ processor. Then I decided to try this thing called P3D. Paid the $60 dollars, downloaded all my ORBX sceneries and purchased a DC-10 plane for about $30 dollars (nothing too fancy). Thankfully, ORBX Central is so easy to use that all you have to do is open and download the addons on you simulation. P3D looked horrible at first because I did not know what I was doing with the settings, but after doing some research about the configuration, it was incredible. I will reserve final judgement until I expand my experience but I absolutely believe that ORBX and P3D combined are up to something very good. FSX is the past and regardless of its extensive platform, it is unsustainable. Despite advancement in hardward technologies, FSX continues to be simmers grand torment. I think it’s time to move on.

Hi,

Very glad you are enjoying Orbx together with P3d Sir, a lot of customers including myself still enjoy the FSX platform, although FSX is a little long in the tooth, it still has some life yet. We will continue to support FSX as stated in this Forum numerous times as long as our customers want it I believe.

5 hours ago, huascar said:

FSX is the past and regardless of its extensive platform, it is unsustainable. Despite advancement in hardward technologies, FSX continues to be simmers grand torment. I think it’s time to move on.

Variety in a simulation is now a reality, unintentional I'm sure, the above comment could bring negative comments from other users, we try not go down that path in our Forum.

We've all been frustrated with FSX (and P3D sometimes too) at one time or another :). I think you're going to love the ORBX scenery. If you haven't already purchased it, put the Pacific Northwest region on your list of things to get. I think it's the best-of-the-bunch (and I own them all)..........Doug

Glad you're happy with your new setup (and as Triplane noted, all the sims have their little "idiosyncrasies"...;)). Things are about to get even more exciting with the release of the new ORBX regions with the photoreal tech, so you certainly picked a good time!

P3D is not perfect but I must say to I have put it thru a lot of stress intentionally has it has not crashed. Nevertheless I had great many flights in FSX but the constant crashes were just too much. Highly impressed with ORBX - the realism is breadth taking. I am glad to see how flight simulation is evolving in a positive way. I will look into the Pacific North West - I read it's one of your best somewhere. Thanks for the help folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived