YBCS CTD P3DV4.2

FlyBlueSkies

Hello,

I recently purchased AU Australia and several other FTX Australian airports. I also installed the Ant's Aussie aiport pack.

One of the FTX airports I purchased is YBCS (Cairns). When I fly from YBHM to YBCS, as I get close enough to YBCS, I get a CTD. It appears to happen when ObjectFlow 2 begins to activate YBCS scenery.

If I start at YBCS, it works without a CTD.

It appears to only happen when flying from YBHM (part of the Ant Aussie airport package) to YBCS.

I am using the following:

Windows 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (1709) HOME. It is up to date.

ObjectFlow 2 version v3.2.5.7

P3DV4.2.21.24048

Active Sky for Prepared3D V4

Milviz 310R and/or Carenado 350i

The CTD has happened 4 times in a row when flying different aircraft (Milviz 301R and Carenado 350i) as I approach YBCS. When it occurs, the rotating Windows 10 circle appears, the sim freezes, and within several seconds it CTD.

The event viewer sometimes shows:

1. A .net access violation error.

2. A Chase Plane error (which I've submitted to their forum).

3. Nothing at all, meaning no error messages were there (this has happened twice now).

I searched the forums, but I couldn't find a solution that appears to fit my situation.

I have flown to several other FTX AU payware airports without issues...

Hello Nick,

I need to test more, but it does appear that the Ant's Airports cause this problem. I turned them off and it did not CTD.

I do have a question though...I purchased FTX AU Australia and it's rendition of YBHM is not good...

This is the reason I added Ant's Airports.

Now, it could be I do not have FTX AU Australia set up correctly...but  my question is whether Orbx has a good rendition of YBHM?

There are no addon airports in the Australia product, I believe it is constructed around the defaults.

You would probably need to search freeware, assuming that you have already tried Oz X?

Again, you would also need to beware of FS9 models.

Most of these work perfectly well in FSX, so developers have continued to use them, even though the scenery

may well be marked as an FSX version.

P3D v4 is completely intolerant of them.

I am not expert in these matters but I believe that the most troublesome FS9 models are ships, aircraft and vehicles.

Buildings and objects less so, except that instead of crashing P3D, they often don't display properly, or sometimes at all.

Thanks again Nick,

Yes, Oz X is where I downloaded and installed Ant's Airports.

I'll test more to be sure this is the problem. If it is, I know there is another freeware program that removes FS9 problem models that may correct this problem (SimLauncherX).

YBCS is one of my favourite Aussie locations/airports, so I thought I'd give this one a try.

I set up a flightplan in my P3Dv4.2 from YBHM to YBCS and flew the plan direct/GPS. No problems.

Do you have crash/collision detection turned off (I do)?

Are you arriving at YBCS on exactly the same radial every time? You may be hitting a stray object only some of the time.

I used to have many OzX plus Ant's sceneries installed in FSX, but I've kept my P3D clear of it all so far. I'll install YBHM (only) and see what happens!

Adam.

EDIT: Well ... I installed Ant's YBHM and didn't get a CTD either. It's possible that you have another OzX library installed that has objects for YBCS <?>.

5 hours ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

Good to know the Ants add-on runs ok.

YBHM was the only one I installed and, to be honest, it really was showing its age! I took it straight off again (no disrespect to Ant, who has produced some fantastic work for us all over the years).

Even though FTX AU is by far the oldest in the ORBX catalogue, I still get a lot of pleasure from it - and I stick to ORBX-only for the airports.

Adam.

Archived