Install issues, Lancair IV-P

CRSJr

I purchased the Lancair IV-P yesterday 12 Mar. Unfortunately the install was not ‘clean’ and problems exist i.e.

1. Two sets of images now exist in the FSX ‘Select Acft’ page. One set normal; the other includes the letters ‘HD’ as part of each image.

2. Selecting the Lancair to be the ‘Current Aircraft’, includes getting this audio; ‘warning oil pressure‘.

3. Selecting the ‘Fly Now!’ window includes getting this audio; ‘warning fuel pressure’ followed by an immediate engine shut down.

4. I’ve uninstalled/installed the software more than once, and run the Libraries utility.

No issues solved. Help!  

Everything you've reported is normal for this aircraft.  HD versions have high definition textures.  Warning oil pressure and the engine shutdown are modelled on the real aircraft.  You need to have the throttle open a little to start.  Have you read the manual?

Have not read the manual, and a big shame on me for that dumb oversight with this acft! Thanks for the 'advice'. What I have reviewed gave me enough to complete at least one circuit around the aerodrome. Next I'll be occupying a seat in the 'throne room' with manual in hand for a much needed serious read.

Hello,

the aircraft loads with no oil in the engine too.

This is why, if you start the engine without checking,

it tells you that there is no oil pressure  (no oil at all in fact)

and then, just as it would in the real world, it seizes up.

Archived