Hard drive

grayson9

I had installed P3D on my pc as everyone does and decided to by add on scenery. (alot) all from Orbx. I soon relaised that I was running out of disk space.

After deleting everything and installing P3D on another large hard drive I began installing Orbx again. I found it was defaulting to the old small hard drive. How can I get the main Orbx files to stay on my other external hard drive where my P3D is?

Thank you

If you don't want to manually mess with changing the Registry entries yourself (which can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing), there is an easier way.

Uninstall all your newly installed ORBX stuff.  Then download a FREE utility called CCleaner (it is a system maintenance tool every home computer user should have and use periodically to keep their computer "clean" of accumulated files it doesn't need anymore).  Install it.  Then use the Registry Cleaner portion of it to scan your registry.  When it sees the ORBX entries in the registry but no ORBX FILES installed on your hard drives anymore, it will offer to remove all the obsolete ORBX registry entries.  Do it (say YES to the option to create a backup of the registry when it does it...ALWAYS a good choice).  Once your registry has been "cleaned" of obsolete ORBX entries, now install your ORBX stuff to the new hard drive.  That will create new Registry entries linked to the proper locations on your new hard drive.

The whole cleaning process takes less than about one minute once you have CCleaner installed on your computer (scanning the registry first, then cleaning it).  When you install CCleaner on your computer, you do NOT want or need it to run in "real time", so make sure that option in NOT selected.  You want to only have it run MANUALLY when you tell it to do your own cleaning (like above for the Registry Cleaner).  Otherwise it might interfere with other antivirus and malware applications you DO have running "real time" (and should be using, like Windows Defender).

EDIT:  Note that if you have NEVER done any Registry maintainance in the past, the first time you use CCleaner to scan your registry you will most likely get a very LONG list of obsolete registry entries...not just your missing ORBX stuff.  SAY YES to the option to BACKUP the Registry before you clean it.  This will prevent any possible catastrophic registry error from forcing you to reinstall Windows, etc if something goes wrong (like you have a power surge in the middle of the cleaning operation and your computer shuts down because it isn't connected to a UPS, etc).  

Archived