Corrupted textures Los Angeles P3Dv4.2

kralik25

Hi,

after installing P3Dv4.2 update, LAX textues become corrupted (screenshot). It is not only this sqare but there are several places affected like this. It looks like the night textures are mixed with the day ones. I installed FTX Central latest version but it didnt find any new updates for ORBX products to update it.

It looks like orbx texture problem or it should be P3D error ?

I have FTX Global and openLC North America. There was no problem in the LAX area in p3d v4.1.

Thanks for hint.

Jan

0z181fc.jpg

GI2GvEP.jpg

I just found in this forum, that this issue already appeared between other users. Is really the only solution to reinstall openLC NorthAmerica ? Why is this happening ? I can confirm, that in the European region this problem does not exist, it looks like it is only in the US.

Correct procedure is to remove software via windows uninstall feature or does FTX central has some kind of uninstall or even reinstall feature ?

Thx

Jan

That does not seem to fix this problem.  I have the exact same issue occurring in SoCal, NorCal, and Hawaii.   I have uninstalled  / re-inst Global base, OpenLC North Am with no luck.  I have also confirmed scenery layering is correct.  

Thanks for any guidance.  

1 hour ago, Joby33 said:

In my case, the client re-install alone did not do the trick, but repairing terrain.cfg per the other Orbx post does in fact repair the problem.  

Which post did you refer to when repairing your terrain.cfg file? I was looking at this one 

but I don't have an ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/Work directory, I only have ORBX/Scripts inside my sim directory. Is the path located somewhere else, or do I need to create the directory? 

Thanks 

That is indeed the correct post...scroll down to the bottom of his post and use that terrain.cfg file he provides (I think it was a .zip).  I also do not have the /work directory either, looks like things have changed since his post.  Let us know how you get on.  

best, 

8 minutes ago, Joby33 said:

That is indeed the correct post...scroll down to the bottom of his post and use that terrain.cfg file he provides (I think it was a .zip).  I also do not have the /work directory either, looks like things have changed since his post.  Let us know how you get on.  

best, 

Unfortunately, repairing the terrain.cfg did not solve my problem (I'm having the same problem as you are). I backed up my original terrain.cfg, replaced it with the one downloaded from the post and opened FTX Central, and then P3D. Is that what you did also? 

12 minutes ago, Joby33 said:

I reinstalled the P3D client and then reinstalled global base, allowing it to create a fresh terrain.cfg., and I noticed the black patches went away.  Give that a try.  

I'll give that a try later, thanks. Also, if you get some time, could you try loading up in the Toronto area (CYYZ) to see if you get the black patches there? I originally had the issue in the LAX area like you, but then it went away after a reinstall of OpenLC NA, however, I still have the issue around CYYZ (and no where else that I know of), which I find quite strange. 

Ok.. thanks for the tips from all.. BUT.. what causes this problem??? That is the point i think. If is is orbx product compatibilty problem, they should issue some kind of fix. I just dont want to spend hours s hours unistalling, reinstalling, editing terrain.cfg or what so ever.. with unknown result if it helps or not. i have these product to use them and fly!! There are quite a lot of users having this issue, so i would like to know where the problem is.. or we have to wait till v4.2 gets tested a little bit more.. thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deeply regret installing p3dv4.2 so early.. i should have wait some time before all the products will be fully compatible.. this really sucks. I dont have the 4.1 client installer, otherwise i would turn back to v4.1 imidiatelly.

12 minutes ago, kralik25 said:

I dont have the 4.1 client installer, otherwise i would turn back to v4.1 imidiatelly.

Hello,

indeed you do, as does every other purchaser of P3D v4.

Return to your P3D account page and you will see the "Legacy client" download links

at the borrom of the page.

Also I would strongly suggest following the other excellent post on this forum about how to re-install Orbx stuff without all those painful downloads....saves a lot of time during these periods of testing & debugging.  

2 hours ago, ArzaanK said:

I'll give that a try later, thanks. Also, if you get some time, could you try loading up in the Toronto area (CYYZ) to see if you get the black patches there? I originally had the issue in the LAX area like you, but then it went away after a reinstall of OpenLC NA, however, I still have the issue around CYYZ (and no where else that I know of), which I find quite strange. 

I will try CYYZ soon, right now I am trying to nail down another issue involving VR with P3D 4.2, so Orbx is disabled temporarily.   

Hello,
indeed you do, as does every other purchaser of P3D v4.
Return to your P3D account page and you will see the "Legacy client" download links
at the borrom of the page.

Thank you, i will look it up. I thought there are only the latest versions available for download.

Hi, yes i did but the new ftx central shows no updates available..

I think that new version of libraries should solve this.. When they were problems with some textures mismatch, the new libraries package did the job..
i would rather wait than doing reinstall etc.. i dont fly to the US so much, and Europe is not affected by this issue..

Thanks for hints. Will try to repair terrain.cfg at first. If it wont help, i will reinstall openLC NA and than P3d 4.2 client.. Hoping it would solve this problem..

Are there only certain users having this problem or all of the early-updaters to p3d v4.2 are having this issue ? I am just thinking where this problem came from, to possibly avoid this in the future..

Jan

Thanks for hints. Will try to repair terrain.cfg at first. If it wont help, i will reinstall openLC NA and than P3d 4.2 client.. Hoping it would solve this problem..
Are there only certain users having this problem or all of the early-updaters to p3d v4.2 are having this issue ? I am just thinking where this problem came from, to possibly avoid this in the future..

Jan

Solved.. replacing terrain.cfg with a new one did not work, however reinstalling openLC NA repaired corrupted textures.

Jan

In my case, terrain.cfg,Global,OpenLC reinstallation didn’t work .. When i delete OpenLC, the texture looks fine.. only left what i can do is that reinstall p3d client . 

Why client matter with texture not scenery of p3d v4.2 .. unstable updating p3d v4.x 

Archived