Airports misplacements RCGI and RCLY

PhilK

Using P3D v4 here as well as the FTX Global suite, and flying to RCGI and RCLY, found misplaced airports, located on plateaux on the ocean, but not on the islands, same issue than already reported in 2015 (thread RCGI and RCLY).

Typical simulator airport misplacement for sure.

For RCGI, using ADE, moved the airport to the coordinates mentionned by Skyvector, and it fits perfectly on the island as drawn by Vector and further matches the airport placement into Google imagery. Just had to add an airport background (at 26.998ft altitude) to flatten terrain. I am not a scenery geek, and I wonder how to remove the runway background that remains where the erroneously located runway was, so have a water mesa in the ocean...

For RCLY, did not do anything at present time, but will have to check what happens when moving the airport to skyvector coordinates.

Blue skies

Did need the exclude airport background for RCGI, but did not need it for RCLY (don't ask me why...).

However, both airports now back on solid terrain at my side, and matching Vector shorelines, and roads (specifically for RCLY).

Thank you for your help

Blue skies

PS : How can I mark the thread as answered?

Archived