New Zealand North Island problem

level135

On 2/1/2018 at 3:48 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

regrettably it is the only solution, VERY annoying or not.

I am sorry.

Out of interest, what is it about the depiction of crashes that you find so necessary?

Crash detection helps keeps my flying from getting sloppy. For example, today I flew the P51D out of Whakatana in Orbx NZ north island. After weeks of no crash detection, I am taxing out way too fast because there are zero consequences. In reality you would never do it. With crash detection turned on, after a few bad punishments of clipping objects in the scenery, you really watch out what you are doing. I know people bag crash detection, but it really does have a use and scenery designers could do better with it (like testing scenery with it turned on).

Cheers

Thanks, I take your point but perhaps because my flying ability is so poor,

I have not enabled crash detection for years.

My reason is that the consequences of a "crash" are as far removed from

real life at it is possible to be.

Would that in real life, the situation would reset itself to default.

Instead, I am disciplined by the likes of A2A aircraft where misuse has consequences

that at least resemble real life, damage to the airframe, controls, undercarriage or

engines for example.

These have the added advantage of not recognising the spurious locations where a crash

takes place without an apparent cause.

• 1 month later...

Yes, the depiction of crashes is far from anything real, but the point is not to see the airframe scramble in a building, ground or AI aircraft, but to be realistic (as far as the used model provides it) in the consequences of flight errors (same as glider001 says).

Michael.

Archived