P3Dv4 Quits in GES, GEN, ENG, IRL, NIRL, NOR

Not sure what happened recently, but ever since I installed a France VFR scenery of Paris and attempted to integrate its autogen with ORBX, I've been unable to fly in Europe.  Not sure if those two are connected in any way.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled all my ORBX European scenery; I've unchecked all the vector scenery, the ORBX Base scenery, all 3rd party European airports using Scenery Config Editor v1.1.9, and still when I upload a European airport, I might get a partial load of the scenery, but then P3D disappears.  I'm having no problem flying in NA, SA, or Oceania.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Garland

No luck.  I started out at AYPY and attempted to change the location to a place in GEN and it got hung up at 80% before it froze.  I restarted the sim and attempted to go to a small airport in ENG and didn't even get past 0% loading before the sim disappeared, without warning, as it had done over the past few weeks, whenever I attempted a flight anywhere in GEN, GES, ENG, NOR, IRL, NIRL.

There's a conflict that's not present in NA, SA, AU, or NZ, and I'm not smart enough to know where to begin to look for it. I'm ready to answer any questions or follow any suggestions from those of you who are experienced in these sorts of things...

Garland

Can you completely uninstall France VFR ?  That'll then let you know if ORBX scenery works.

Traffic programs that aren't configured for {3D can cause CTDs, but I'm not sure about whether they prevent successful loading.

If removing France VFR doesn't work, try unticking all your affected ORBX sceneries, then restoring them one by one, checking and rebooting the sim between each restore.

Well, I've unticked every ORBX airport in Europe, every ORBX LC scenery in Europe, every ORBX vector scenery, every European third party scenery, ORBX base, all the ORBX European regions, and while I can load and fly from NA, SA, and Oceanic Sceneries, the sim crashes to desktop whenever I type in a European ICAO.  I even unticked MyTraffic Professional, and Addon Scenery.  

I have no idea what to do next...

Try renaming your scenery.cfg file to scenery.cfg off.

Also do the same to the Prepar3D.cfg file.

Then start P3D, it will replace both cfg files and should then work correctly.

If it does, please read on.

If it does not, you will need to address the P3D problem before you can move on.

My suggestion will remove all your addon scenery from the equation.

You can add scenery back until you find the one that is causing

you the problem.

Until then, I would also recommend that you use only a default aircraft when testing.

Your current scenery library, as attached is in the wrong order for FTX products,

I would suggest that when testing you avoid making your own interpretation and use

FTX Central instead.

Please next use FTX Central to add back your FTX scenery library entries and make sure

the order is correct, as I described above.

Once FTX Central has added back just the FTX scenery library entries, please then run

P3D v4 and check that it is still working before you add anything else.

If you find that at this point, P3D v4 does work, please report back.

It can take very little to make P3D v4 simply stop working with no error message.

For example, one Fs9 model in the scenery will do it and in the case of aircraft,

even one letter missing from certain parts of the aircraft.cfg file is enough.

Your vast collection of other developers' addons could make finding the problem more difficult.

If you follow what I posted above, all your other addons will remain above the FTX

entries in the scenery library instead of below.

Strange thing happened.  I restarted the sim and it went to the default airport at Pensecola.  I then attempted to place the default aircraft at an airfield in Germany and the sim disappeared again.  I started the sim again and looked in the Addon Scenery under Options and there were several sceneries that I forgot to delete, but that didn't show up in the scenery.cfg.  I'm going through them now to see if any of them is the culprit...

Hello,

if they aren't in the scenery library, they will have no effect.

I did see that you have an addon AI traffic product.

The use of Fs9 models will cause the symptom you describe, the sudden disappearance of P3D v4.

Try setting all your AI to zero and see if it will then keep running.

It could be an AI aircraft that only appears in Europe.

I did have an addon AI traffic, but I didn't see it in the rebuilt scenery.cfg file that I sent you and that I'm working with now.  I sent you the rebuilt file as well.  It's not in there anymore, unless I'm missing something.

The AI sliders were already set at zero.  However, when I restarted the sim the second time, it loaded and I was able to go pretty much everywhere in Europe.  I'll start FTX Central and start loading the sceneries...

Something unexpected; I opened up FTX Central and it looked the same as it did before we deleted the old scenery.cfg.  In other words, it shows all of my previous ORBX sceneries installed, even though there's new, rebuilt scenery.cfg.  I expected FTX Central to show none of them installed.  Am I wrong about this?

Another something unexpected; I closed FTX Central, restarted my computer, and started P3D and it didn't even complete the load before I got "error creating child window" and then the sim disappeared. I tried loading P3D again and it didn't complete the load before it disappeared once more.  I went back to my scenery.cfg file in ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3dv4 and the old scenery.cfg with all the previous scenery addons was back.  That's happened before in the past and now it's happened again.  How do I prevent the old scenery files from re-appearing?

Nick,

Okay, I've reinstalled P3Dv4 and all the FTX scenery except for ORBX trees is installed by FTX Central.  And I can place the default aircraft anywhere in the virtual world without a CTD.  I still have a problem with ENG, IRL, NIR; there are no autogen trees.  I have trees everywhere else.  I'm not sure how there can still be a conflict.  I've attached the newest scenery.cfg.

Garland

scenery.cfg

Archived