Airport Listing for Pacific Northwest / Southern Calfornia

slantalpha

I'm looking at purchasing the Orbx Pacific Northwest and Southern California packages. Is there a listing of all the airports that Orbx includes in each package?

I also have a question about Orbx support. On the page at https://orbxdirect.com/support under "How to get quick support", it says:

"Don't request support by email
Orbx does not provide email or telephone support for FTX products."

I'm assuming that Pacific Northwest and Southern California are FTX products. Why wouldn't support be offered for them if they are Orbx products?

Hello,

welcome to the (support) forums.

Presumably you skipped this at the top of the Orbx Direct support page:

No questions unanswered. Our philosophy at Orbx is "the customer is king". If you've got any issues with FTX, from installation assistance, performance tuning, bugs, or just any general queries about any aspect of FTX or the simulators we support, then please visit the Orbx Support Forums and we'll be ready to provide assistance. You'll also find a vibrant community there as well!

if you had read on:

Register on the FTX support forums. It's a simple process, and your user account won't take long to be validated.

Provide your purchase order number. We have a simple rule - no order number, no support. This is to ensure that only legitimate Orbx customers get the support they deserve.

Use the forum search functionIn many cases, your support question or issue has already been answered by Orbx staff for another customer.

For any account issues or payment support, please create a ticket. Do not use this for technical support

I don't think there is a list of all the airports in each region.

I have attached the kmz files for each one, they open in Google Earth.

FTX PNW Coverage and Features Map.kmz

FTX SCA Coverage and Features Map.kmz

Yes,if there is a problem with the account, the ticket system is there.

For support for the products themselves, there are extensive support forums.

Very few problems are new and the search function is very useful.

In addition, there are numerous pinned topics at the top of each forum for the

most commonly asked questions about the particular subject as well as an FAQ sub forum.

There is no e mail support and no telephone support.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes,if there is a problem with the account, the ticket system is there.

For support for the products themselves, there are extensive support forums.

Very few problems are new and the search function is very useful.

In addition, there are numerous pinned topics at the top of each forum for the

most commonly asked questions about the particular subject as well as an FAQ sub forum.

There is no e mail support and no telephone support.

Nick - on those KMZ files for Pacific Northwest and Southern California, I saw KSEA (Seattle-Tacoma), KPDX (Portland International), and KLAX (Los Angeles) listed. Does that mean that Orbx has their own renditions of those airports in those packages? If I have another third-party airport I'd rather use (like KLAX from FS Dream Team), can I somehow "deselect" that single airport and use Orbx for all the other airports in the region?

10 hours ago, jeff0000 said:

Does that mean that Orbx has their own renditions of those airports in those packages?

Jeff,

When you purchase an Orbx region, like Pacific Northwest or Southern California, most of the airports within that region have been upgraded to be more accurate and detailed than the default airports.

Just to be clear, they are not all upgraded to the high level of detail that the Orbx payware airports provide.

The following shots are of KBVS airport taken in FSX. 

The first is default FSX.  The second is Orbx Pacific Northwest.  The third is Orbx Pacific Northwest + Orbx KBVS airport.

4FSXDefault.jpg

4PNWdefault.jpg

4PNWKBVS.jpg

Archived