FTX Central Suggestion

_ME2_

Regarding the upcomming releases of photoreal regions: wouldn't it be nice, if we could define an individual installation location for every single Orbx product in FTX Central?

With such a feature, we could just add an new harddrive to our PC and install "heavy" products there, without having to touch our existing sim-setup.

Of course, I am completely ignoring all the technical pitfalls this probably brings :)

cheers, Mike

Good idea. Other installers often ask you where you want your products to be installed. ORBX doesn't ask this, they just put it in the default location. It can be a whole lot of trouble to move an ORBX scenery to a different location.

Speaking of that, would it be possible to add an option to not automatically add the installed ORBX sceneries to the scenery library when FTX Central is started? Suppose you got an installed scenery moved to a different location and manually adjusted the scenery library entrances, once you start FTX Central those entrances are set back to the old (wrong) location where the scenery isn't anymore.

exactly. i can easily add another harddrive to my current system but i don't want to exchange my c: drive because this means completely setting up a fresh OS installation... 

therefore it would be handy to install orbx scenery into an individually chosen location. 

I'm pretty sure that there are plans to allow customisable scenery locations in an upcoming version of FTXC.  What form it will take I have no idea, depends on how well he coding responds to tweaks I guess.

But don't quote me on this, it's just coming from a dim memory of discussion about this I read somewhere.

thanks for the hint Doug. while this might be a workaround i would prefere ftx central to handle this.

i like ftx central very much - one tool to organize all the scenery, that's how it should (and probably will) be :)

1 hour ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Many thanks for the suggestion Sir, I will pass this on directly, please be aware, FTXC is an evolving application, we are continuously finding new ways to improve the functionality of this for our customers. :)

thanks for your interest in the idea!  would really be great if this could be realized. 

regards, mike

Archived