74S Elevation Issues however airport not in Vector Configurator

Trustdesa

Hi Orbx Team,

I was flying to 74S and when landing I found myself half a metre under the runway, I have immediately tried to run Orbx Configurator (which I already had anyway) and also try to find the 74S in the list of airports to no avail, if the airport isn't there how can I disable vector for it and...why the airport isn't there? 

Can you kindly point me in the right direction to solve this issue? I have also read somewhere to check the Vector folder however 74S does not appear with .inactive nor as normal .bgl hence I have no clue how to fix something I have purchased.

Order as by @Nick Cooper post: 5a4aa0cc30b7e

Thank you very much!

13 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

You can try the solution in the below topic and/or post up some screenshots please.

Cheers

Doug

Thank you, the file was already there, however I have overwritten it and tried to run the sim again and it works fine now.

Do you know why the existing exclusion wasn't working? Quite inconvenient having to remember now to save this file for future use, are you going to patch it?

I am asking because with S43 too I have some minor issues (the houses on the side and the road has ups and down however the rest of the airfield is just fine) and even in this case I cannot find the airport in the AEC tool, I wonder why as they are your airports.

Thanks,

Sandro

Hi,

Sorry I do not know why the existing exclusion wasn't working, I would right it off as the wonders of software. :)

The PILOTS designed Vector AEC tool was designed to help correct elevation issues that may have been affected by PILOTS FSGlobal2010 mesh product, so it is normal that not all airports are on the list. Vector is not a fix all airport elevations tool.

Some minor issues are due to the limitations of the simulator and can not be corrected, but please feel free to post some screenshots of your minor S43 issues. :)

Cheers 

Doug

Hi Doug,

True, however if you have the opportunity to tell someone to maybe include in the airport pack when installing it from FTX Central, otherwise us paying customer have to fiddle as much as pirates. Ahhh great as it scans the sim I though it read the .bgl of all installed airports really.

Please see below the issue with S43 as you can see it is on the houses next to the runway and (not sure if you can see it) a patch of grass in the middle between runway and taxiway, it was not there until I have installed Vector + Open LC NA however not sure which one made the bubu as I have installed them back to back (with a sim run to make it create the database of course)

JmsFlI7.jpg

Thank you Doug extremely helpful and polite, some are just helpful and forgot the polite forgetting that ORBX is a business and we pay for product :) Keep it up!

Hi Sandro

Thank you for the kind words, and yes we will do our best to keep the fiddling to a minimum. :)  But for me personally, as a hobby I have kind of always enjoyed the tinkering and learning. I have always thought of any and all flight sim software developers to be extremely brave, considering how many variables with users systems and preferences they try to satisfy. I am not a developer, I am just a forever learner trying to help.

Your S43 seems to be exactly correct, it looks the same as mine and as the Google Earth image below.

S43.png

Cheers

Doug

Archived