Here is a superb guide by Jeff Gilmour to be found on these forums.

This is easily fixed and often occurs during failed activation of Acceleration where the activation panel is not offered after installation of FSXAccPack, often relating to misapplication of a lowercase letter or 0 value in a particular registry entry.

To Fix this problem you will need to edit a value in the "System Registry"  Click start menu  > type into the search box ( regedit ) you will see listed under programs - an icon "regedit.exe" >  click "regedit.exe" program icon, to open > We will be searching for this Key > {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (Case sensitive) exactly as shown, it will be found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE as you will see from the directory tree in the picture below. 

Please be aware you are about to delve into the system registry, accidently changing a critical value in the wrong place may cause failure to boot or unstable OS. However if you follow the instructions you should have no problems with this simple edit which only affects FSX.

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

> SYSTEM

> CurrentControlSet

> Control

> Class

> {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

• In the Right panel lowest entry find UpperFilters then double click the word "UpperFilters" a dialog panel will open.
  • In the dialog box "lower white section" - Change Data value to PartMgr  as shown in the below picture. Note case sensitive Value capital P Capital M
  • When you have edited the value in the Dialog click "OK" to close then exit regedit.
  • Start FSX and you will be presented with the FSX Acceleration Activation panel, Enter your 25 character Acceleration product Key, allow online verification.
  • Activation should be complete, No more demo mode, but you may also need to accept the new AccPack Joystick key map for new aircraft and mission pack as part of the process.

ca7f9f152e855f1497e731a3e2f9d011.jpg

•  

Thanks, Nick.

My own little investigation kind of  confirms it.

I uninstalled fsx/acceleration ......cranked up the sim.....and guess what?

The activation screen for FSX basic popped right up.....I reactivated my basic sim install and it said "no problem, have fun, dude"

Or words to that effect.

Now we'll see what shakes out as I proceed.

OK....it worked!!!

It would not accept the activation number I had, but it brought up a screen with an activate by phone number (automated) which worked fine and activated no questions 

asked. Your tutorial was excellent and simple to follow.

You do great work, man !!

Thanks......

Excellent news Lawrence, another happy customer.:D

9 hours ago, lawrence aldrich said:

By the way, my prtmgr was in need of upper case P and C.

Just a small correction to your above post, it was probably just a typo or rush to update the post.
    The reference to "prtmgr" would be incorrect, the correct Data Value would be PartMgr  Part with lowercase "a" followed by Mgr  =  PartMgr   there is no "C"

Archived