Had windows troubles.

Dadtom65

Hi guys just had the above, think it started last night when I started to shut windows down and it came up with it was doing an update. Normally that’s ok but this time it wouldn’t start Windows that is. Anyway managed to do a reset and everything seems ok I kept all my stuff but just tried to start P3Dv4 , I created a shortcut but it wouldn’t start. Does that mean I’m going to have to reinstall all my stuff. Thank you. Derek.

Derek,

Open your P3Dv4 Sim folder, scroll down and in amongst the file section will be a Prepar3D icon, Left click on that and if P3Dv4 starts, close it so you can see the folder again, and Right click on the Prepar3D icon and holding the mouse button down drag it onto your desktop and create a shortcut.

Hello Derek,

could it be that you might have interrupted the windows update?

It reads a bit as if your windows registry has been damaged.

Try uninstalling the P3D v4 client ONLY, when you are asked do you want to remove P3D,

answer NO.

Then reinstall the client ONLY.

If you don't have a copy saved, you can download just the individual parts from your P3D account.

This should fix the registry, at least for P3D.

Hi Nick yes think it was when the Windows update was doing it’s thing, though it was ok before I shut my comp down and as it was shutting down up popped doing an update thing. Think You can change when Windows does updates, might do that. Comp ok now after the reset though it’s queer when I look on my Windows Ssd it’s all there and yet when I look at the Control panel and uninstall there’s no windows showing. Queer. Thanks for the advice concerning P3Dv4. Will have a look tomorrow. How I wish they still did Windows disc’s,  so much easier if any problems with Win 7. I do have P3Dv4 saved and the last update, so might just delete it and reinstall it. Derek.

Archived