FSX KEDC and KXSA oddballs in "Select Airport"

Mach 2

Brand new to the freeware airport packs and noticed airports KEDC and KXSA create a new listing in the FSX "Select Airports>Filters>By Country/Region" under "USA". All other American airports are listed under "United States".

Please fix these for excessively orderly people like myself :wacko:

Hey Nick,

Just tried them and KEDC works fine THANK YOU, now listed as "United States"

However,  KXSA causes FSX to crash to desktop, tried three times (BTW, I hardly EVER get CTD). Think it has to do with the latest Freeware pack has a update. The old W79 is supposed to be CLOSED now but still shows up together with KXSA with your replacement BGL. Selecting either the W79 or KXSA airport causes FSX to crash to desktop.

I put the old ADE_FTXG_KXSA.bgl  back and no more crash but back to listing as "USA"

Hi again Nick,

The good news is KXSA works perfectly as "United States"

The bad news I didn't notice the following until I went back to KEDC because of the CTD issue with KXSA.

All the ORBX upgrades of KEDC are present, however all the paved runways (13/31, 16/34) and taxiways have disappeared. The first time I went there with your replacement I just thought it was a dirt runway airport. Then I put the original ADE_FTXG_KEDC.bgl back and all the runways are back. Sorry what seemed to be a simple fix to me has been a pain 

• 4 months later...

GASP! I'm glad your links still work. The update to the NA freeware pack overwrote the 2 airports in question and put them back to "USA" instead of "United States"

I will have to save the 2 .bgl files for future updates

• 3 months later...

Archived