KSAN Gates

ratman20

Hey Guys,

I'm new here in the forums and I don't think I have seen much about KSAN. I am currently experiencing an issue where all the gates at KSAN are being called GA gates. I'm not sure how or why this came about. I don't have any other sceneries active. I'm unsure what is going on with my gates. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey Smudger,

I just tried to search. I do not see anything addressing my issue. If you know of something, please let me know. I need to figure out why all my gates appear as general aviation ramps to FSX. This, of course, makes GSX say that my planes are too big for the parking as FSX calls them all general aviation and not commercial airliners. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Ok it's done.

Anyway, i will look in to this. If i remember correctly there is a reasons for the gate types, i have to see.

Another developer has said that it's done to prevent the default ground vehicles from appearing at those gates.

All the major dev airports have the gates labeled as small, medium or large, and includes the airline code(s). Otherwise you'll get cargo and GA aircraft parking at the gates, which is what is happening at KSAN. A real immersion killer. I've never seen ground vehicles parking at the gates.

22 hours ago, tdavart said:

All the major dev airports have the gates labeled as small, medium or large, and includes the airline code(s). Otherwise you'll get cargo and GA aircraft parking at the gates, which is what is happening at KSAN. A real immersion killer. I've never seen ground vehicles parking at the gates.

Thanks for the response tdavart. The problem is that they are labeled GA not that they are size labeled.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, they have to be labeled "gates" with the airline code. The cargo ramp should have "cargo" parking usually with large spaces, and the regional ramp, which is just east of the terminals I think, should have small "gates" with the regional airline codes (AALX, UALX, etc.) With smaller airports it's not such a big deal, like Palm Springs, but you really notice strange parking with something like KSAN.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. The problem is not that it is labeled for size or not labeled as cargo. The problem is that the terminal gates are labeled as GA according to FSX which means that only a GA plane should be at the airliner gate. Now, the actual traffic at the game does load properly (i.e. airliners at terminal gates) but FSX is telling me that only GA planes go to the terminal gates at Lindbergh.

1 hour ago, ratman20 said:

The problem is not that it is labeled for size or not labeled as cargo. The problem is that the terminal gates are labeled as GA according to FSX which means that only a GA plane should be at the airliner gate. 

The sim doesn't read the airport files like that at all, and never has. The reason as mentioned before that they get coded as GA is to remove all of the default Airport vehicles and tugs that show up alongside those coded as Gates. The difference between a Gate and a GA spot is in title ONLY. AI prioritizes parking by spot size and airline code, if your AI is coded with the correct airline codes alongside the correct airline codes for those parking spots, your traffic will have NO issues. The fix is to have enough parking for your GA and bizjets as well as for your Airline traffic.

I've edited my ORBX KSAN ade to match real world airline parking to the best of my ability at least. Every spot on the field except the north parking area where the freighters park are GA spots of various types and the AI park exactly as I've set them to. 

16 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The sim doesn't read the airport files like that at all, and never has. The reason as mentioned before that they get coded as GA is to remove all of the default Airport vehicles and tugs that show up alongside those coded as Gates. The difference between a Gate and a GA spot is in title ONLY. AI prioritizes parking by spot size and airline code, if your AI is coded with the correct airline codes alongside the correct airline codes for those parking spots, your traffic will have NO issues. The fix is to have enough parking for your GA and bizjets as well as for your Airline traffic.

I've edited my ORBX KSAN ade to match real world airline parking to the best of my ability at least. Every spot on the field except the north parking area where the freighters park are GA spots of various types and the AI park exactly as I've set them to. 

That's a new one, never heard of that, but from experience I know they should be labeled as "gates" for airlines and have the airline code(s). The problem with the cargo aircraft parking at the terminal may be because of not enough cargo spaces across the field, or the radius is too small, they tend to be bigger aircraft. I do see the regional carrier aircraft parked all over the field. They should be grouped on the ramp that I mentioned with airline codes.

It really doesn't matter though whether they are GA spots or GATES for the airliners at the terminal. It all comes down to where you referred to not having enough spots of an adequate size or parking code (ICAO identifier) for the other traffic. If you have enough smaller GA spots for your GA and bizjets, they won't park in the CODED spots for the airlines etc, same with the Cargo and military.

Archived