Can't get FTX Global to work in v4.1

higuys23

Hello. I have just purchased FTX global base for P3D v 4.1. I have it installed, updated, and the Orbx libraries are up to date as well. The libraries, and the three areas from global show up fine in the scenery library and I receive no errors during loading. The textures just simply do not show up. The default textures remain. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, moving the locations of the entries within FTX central etc. and cannot get the textures to display. To me it seems as if they aren't loading at all, as the loading terrain data portion of the loading sequence is almost instantaneous, which I wouldn't expect when the sim is loading new scenery data for the entire world. Thanks,

Mark

Just uninstalled both Global and the Libraries and deleted remaining files from the P3D directory. Then, installed Global again first, then the libraries. Set my insertion points as directed by Nick on several other posts. All of the Areas (Libs, Base, North America, Europe) show up correctly with no errors in the scenery.cfg, Scenery Config editor, and the P3D scenery library. Nothing texture wise. It seems as if the lights from global, at least to some extent are working, but no ground textures. Nothing changes when deselecting or selecting any of the Orbx areas within the scenery library. No matter what I do, the install from FTXC3 just doesn't work. This is on a nearly completely fresh install of P3D v4.1. Only PMDG 737/777, chaseplane, activesky and flightbeam KSFO and KDEN installed. Scenery.cfg and screenshots of FTX central uploaded for reference. This is incredibly frustrating.

scenery.cfg

Captur1e.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hello,

possibly there is nothing incorrect if your other addon airports have been added using the P3D xml method.

Please have a look at this topic and compare what you see with what is seen there.

If you are still not sure, post your own screen shots, with their exact coordinates and a comparison can be made with them.

Hello. Yes Nick, they are the new installers which install with the xml method. The areas are checked, but grayed out and appear at the top of the scenery library. I wondered if maybe I was just not noticing that the product was activated, but I have looked at the exact same area with and without the ftx global areas checked in the scenery library, and there is no change in the way the textures look. Let me try and grab some screenshots and post them. It seems hard for me to believe that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between default and global, because I've flown with just Global for the past couple of years, and the scenery since I installed v4.1 does not look nearly as good as I'm used to.

Attached are two screenshots, first one taken with FTX Global OLC areas checked. Second one taken with them unchecked and sim reloaded. No difference. This is so frustrating. I guess I should try a full uninstall and reinstall of P3D next, as I've done everything that comes to mind short of that. That's something I was hoping to avoid as I just installed it and got aircraft and other addons working. Is there anything else I could try before I go that route? Thanks

Mark

2017-12-13_14-29-39-384.jpg

2017-12-13_14-32-49-706.jpg

Hello,

where are they please? A comparison is not possible otherwise, though they don't look good.

In the case of FTX Global Base, the scenery library entries don't stop the product working.

It should have replaced all your default textures.

Did the installer ask you if you wanted to make a backup of the textures and to choose a location to put them in?

Right, sorry. They were taken at roughly 39.879810 N, 104.754100 W just West of KDEN. Altitude was ~5,850 feet MSL, heading of 262.

Yes, of course, I should have known they replace the default textures. It's hard for me to remember but I believe I did have the installation back up the original textures.

Well, according to that location, FTX global is working. I have to say I'm disappointed. It just doest not look very good in other areas, at least not nearly as good as I remember it. It looks fine in the comparison area you suggested. Maybe its a matter of getting my other settings and tweaks to where I like them. What do you think Nick? Do my screenshots from above look like what FTX global should look like? Just want to make sure I actually am not having an issue.

2017-12-13_15-45-5-798.jpg

Archived