Worth buying open LC Europe when you have Norway scenery?

Knutt

For my understanding and previously asked similar question the answer is no.

Open LC Europe is general landclass for Europe, i.e. it tells the sim where city, towns, beach or trees goes... of course for that to work perfectly you really must have vector so you have a realistic picture of what you would actually see.

Now a region such as Norway has already all of it even in greater details (I think even with elevation mesh) hence the region is as good as it gets :) 

It won't make any difference to Norway because the Norway files replace the OpenLC ones for the country.  However if you get your passport out and travel elsewhere in Europe you'll see a lot of improvement across the continent.

If you post a couple of screenshots with coordinates visible we can check it out.  I do know that FS scenery is always a compromise because the default tile size for scenery is 1km x 1km so in an area that is midway between rural and urban, but tending towards rural, the villages might not be depicted individually. 

12 minutes ago, John Dow said:

If you post a couple of screenshots with coordinates visible we can check it out.  I do know that FS scenery is always a compromise because the default tile size for scenery is 1km x 1km so in an area that is midway between rural and urban, but tending towards rural, the villages might not be depicted individually. 

Okay sounds good. Thanks! I will fire up the Sim(FSX) tomorrow, and post here :)

I have been flying in Lofoten. This is between Svolvær airport and svolvær city. No city what so ever, and almost no, vegetation. 

I have FSX : Global + Trees + FTX Vector + FTX Norway

I have not much trees or vegetation. I have not done anything with scenery libary.

orbx.jpg

Archived