NA Southern California (LA area CTD)

SUNDRIVER

Hey hello..

Im getting very frustated about this..  I bought like 2 months ago, ftx vector, global, open LcNorth america and South america, trees HD, NA Southern California, NA North California, KAVX, etc.. I definitely wanna get KSAN, but if this cant be solved, it doesnt make sense to get it..

And i have to say those are amazing.. they completely change the sim, but every single time i fly inside this particular area of LA i get a CTD, probably because of OOM: 

My PC is not the best but definitely its able to run the sim.. 

CPU: i7 7700K

RAM: 16gb DDR4

2Tb HDD

2 GTX 770 SLI 

Z270 Mobo

I tried this flights all of them went to a CTD when i was getting closer to this area..
-  KSDM - KSMO
- L35 - KWHP

- L35 - KAVX

- KSDM - KVNY

And this flight i was able to do it...
- KSMO - KAVX

- KAVX - KSMO

- KSMO - KWHP

-  KTNP - L35

- MMPE - L35

- KTNP - MMES

On every flight im between 25FPS and 60FPs depending on the area. Hope you can help me.. Im definitely thinking in getting P3D V4, im just not sure if this is going to work.. My sim is perfect it just dont work in that area.. 

2vxo9w2.jpg

trouble.jpg

SCA, like Germany, is very hard on the system. I found I could hardly run SCA at all on my very mediochre PC with FSX without turning things down a fair bit.

However - running the same areas in P3D (on the same system) is an altogether different/better experience. With P3Dv4.1, I can pretty well bring the system to its knees - with appalling framerates - but hardly ever get OOMs. CTDs are probably even more rare.

I do a lot of screen-shotting (with or without my "beta hat") - which requires maximum detail and traffic set pretty high. I always think that I can turn things down if I actually want to *fly* - but inevitably I leave things as they are and just gawp at the scenery!

Adam.

Archived