Student Discount...Tertiary Education???

Triplane

Most definitions of "tertiaty education" read something like this:

Tertiary education refers to any type of education pursued beyond the high school level. This includes diplomas, undergraduate and graduate certificates, and associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees.

So, how about the younger kids? After all, they are the future of flight simming..........

Doug

1 hour ago, teecee said:

Um.. the point??

Um..Your point?

My point is that, to me, it doesn't make much sense to offer a student discount and then declare 90+% of the world's students ineligible. That's like offering a "senior" discount but only to those who are over 90 years of age.....

20 minutes ago, teecee said:

so what you are asking for is a total reduction of the prices of Orbx addons?

Nope! What we're talking about here are discounts for students! Why offer a discount to a 28 year old started-college-late-in-life freshman but exclude his 18  year old brother who is a senior in high school?  That just makes no sense to me.................

45 minutes ago, Triplane said:

Probably not , but someone in the family does.......

Then this "someone in the family" is the formal customer of OrbX. Daddy doesn't get a discount, the older brother in college does.

22 minutes ago, Vora said:

Then this "someone in the family" is the formal customer of OrbX. Daddy doesn't get a discount, the older brother in college does.

If true, that makes no sense either. If I'm a "tertiary" student and I open my own ORBX account are you saying that I can't use my fathers credit card to pay for a purchase?

15 minutes ago, Triplane said:

If true, that makes no sense either. If I'm a "tertiary" student and I open my own ORBX account are you saying that I can't use my fathers credit card to pay for a purchase?

A discount is a price reduction for those who pay. Ofc you can use daddy's card but don't expect daddy to get a discount.

It does make sense to me. Ofc I'm not OrbX, so it's just my personal opinion.

Archived