Stutters with NorCal

vindee

I am experiencing stutters with my ORBX SoCal scenery. No where else I fly do I have this problem.

I have P3d v4.1

My system specs are:

MSI Z270 M3 motherboard

16GB 3300 ram cl 14

i7 7700k 4.2gHz processor

MSI GTX 1080 Graphics card

I have made multiple adjustments trying to minimize the stuttering but nothing makes it worse or better.

I also have UTUSA installed and Megascenery earth Washington. running in Windows 10.

Not sure of my insertion point placement of the scenery if that has anything to do with this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Hmmmm !  Is UTUSA made for v4?  I would can this for NA LC by Orbx.  I am assuming you are talking about having the NA SC scenery added on top of the UTUSA?

I am running pure Orbx layers in the SOCAL area.  I get some stutters around KLAX and KSAN if I do not reduce the traffic to 5%.  Other then the pure density of objects in this area, it runs fine on my system which is a generation behind you.

Thanks for the feedback Lawrence! The the sta sta stuttering has improved by unchecking UT scenery from the Scenery Library within P3D. UTUSA seems to run fine in v4. I run MegaScenery Washington and UT and it looks and runs great.  Still trying to learn how to layer scenery in the library and moving my insertion points in FTX Central. 

The only thing I see in FTX Central that pertains to my NA SC scenery is an FTX file. Still not sure if everything is loaded up like it is supposed to be.

I have been reading up on insertion points and I still don't get it.

Thanks for your input. Things are looking better.

Steve

Can you tell me if I am missing file entries in FTX Central?

It shows my MegaScenery Washington entry on top,

Seven different UT USA entries,

One FTX entry

and then the rest look to be default entries of P3D. In that order.

Should I be seeing openLC entries or something else from ORBX?

The one FTX entry that Central is showing you is a "place marker" that represents all of your Orbx sceneries and airports.  The OpenLC entries should show up just below that one FTX entry.  If they aren't there, something is obviously wrong.  Also, I could be wrong about the MSE Washington, but when I had MSE stuff installed, I always placed them after the Orbx airports and sceneries, but above the OpenLC stuff.  This would require you to adjust the insertion point for the OpenLC entries.

Thanks Stew,

I have no OpenLC entry.

Can you give me an example of what those entries look like? Then I can confirm the ones I have listed are P3d entries like I am thinking they are.

For some reason I can not attach any files to show what I have.

Thanks again for the help.

Steve

Hello,

There will be no Open LC scenery libraries unless there is an Open LC product installed.

You should expect to see:

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX

FTX_NA_SCA07_MESH

FTX_NA_SCA08_CUSTOM

nothing else.

If you link to the image at Imgur instead of the page, your image will appear.

Your scenery library entry of FTX is correct, you must click on Save to apply it.

jtcKhNc.jpg

This is from the SCA user guide.

FLIGHT1 - ULTIMATE TERRAIN X North America (UTX) Ultimate Terrain X North America (current version 2.x) is a commercial add-on developed by Scenery Solutions (Allen Kriesman) and distributed by Flight One. It replaces the default water bodies, road/railroad network, and other landscape components with more detailed renditions. FTX Southern California makes the UTX components redundant within its coverage area and is coded so that local exclude files will suppress the display of all UTX features while leaving UTX undisturbed outside the FTX coverage areas. The current version of UTX may contain elevation corrections files for airports in the FTX SCA overlap area. These would need to be deactivated to prevent floating or sunken runways and other airport elevation issues within FTX SCA. Once available we'll post the list of files to be deactivated in our compatibility forum.

Stewart,

To be honest I'm still a little confused on what I have. I bought and downloaded NA Sothern California. Whether that includes openLC or not I dont know.

I just see everyone talking about it and assumed it was part of the package.

The install did not go as smoothly as all my other installs so it left me thinking something didn't get loaded correctly.

I have UT USA installed and I believe that has openLC but unsure with the ORBX. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the scenery stuff and what it all means.

Thanks

Steve

Hello,

I just bought Southern California and installed it to p3dv4. Just took of from KSFO and the system stutters every 3 sec and goes on until u get out of the Bay Area. This is ridiculous - I spent money on the product and it makes no fun. what shall I do ?

Marek from LOWW

Firstly, KSFO (San Francisco) is in Northern California.

Secondly, the Bay Area is a notorious fps hog (assuming you have FTX NCA installed), so if you're flying jetliners in the Bay Area, you are best advised to back off on the scenery sliders until you observe a comfortable frame rate.  Or perhaps deactivate FTX NCA altogether and fly only with OpenLC NA activated, if you have it.  There are a few settings in P3D that might help solve your stutters.  Just don't expect it run as smooth as if you're flying in Europe.

Hello,

I just bought Southern California and installed it to p3dv4. Just took of from KSFO and the system stutters every 3 sec and goes on until u get out of the Bay Area. This is ridiculous - I spent money on the product and it makes no fun. what shall I do ?

Marek from LOWW

Hello,

Fris tof all - transactions code is 5a19bfeb4c7e2

Second, I am so so sorry that I screwed up saying southern instead of Northern California - that make the problem really go away

Third - The problem still exists and I paid for the product !!!!!

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Stutters with NorCal

Archived