P3DV4 crashes on startup

This happened to me after installing the Majestic Q400 Pro V4. Subsequent attempts to start P3DV4 resulted in th sim crashing - I think while loading the scenery. I decided to uninstall my Orbx scenery and got the error attached below when the Global LC was to be uninstalled. What should I do to resolve this situation??

John McWilliam

ftxc3.log

On 11/17/2017 at 9:14 AM, jsmcwilliam said:

This happened to me after installing the Majestic Q400 Pro V4. Subsequent attempts to start P3DV4 resulted in th sim crashing - I think while loading the scenery. I decided to uninstall my Orbx scenery and got the error attached below when the Global LC was to be uninstalled. What should I do to resolve this situation??

John McWilliam

ftxc3.log

In v4.1, if you have any aircraft issues, it will shut 4.1 down.  I experienced this with other AC also.  Usually it is the install path they have put in the v4 which is in conflict.  Check your aircraft forum for how to resolve it.

Good Luck!

Hello,

The error shows a missing file = File name: 'D:\Prepar3D v4\Orbx\Scripts\openlc_lib_eu5.txt'

The text in openlc_lib_eu5.txt is

[Area.XXX]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE5
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU5
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=XXX

It appears you have removed OpenLC Europe, as Nick has said no need to uninstall scenery, as Lawrence has said check the Majestic forum about your aircraft.

Archived