Orbx Airports with FS Global Ultimate NG

SSAIR1

I just got FS Global Ultimate NG for Prepar3d v4 and some stock airports have field elevation issues. According to Pilot’s (developers of FSGUNG), this is due fact that these airports do not have accurate airport field elevations.But does Orbx payware airports not have these issues? Do all Orbx airports correctly depict field elevations?  I’ve tested Orbx’s LOWI and haven’t noticed any issues.

Best,

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Pilot's "FS Global Ultimate NG" product has not been tested with FTX products.

The standard used is FS Global 2010.

The higher the mesh resolution, that more likely that it is that airports will display

anomalies.

I believe that Pilot's have an "AFM" which can be used to distort the surrounding

terrain to fit an airport.

I see that you have asked the same question at the Avsim forum and oddly, received the same reply.

51 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Pilot's "FS Global Ultimate NG" product has not been tested with FTX products.

The standard used is FS Global 2010.

The higher the mesh resolution, that more likely that it is that airports will display

anomalies.

I believe that Pilot's have an "AFM" which can be used to distort the surrounding

terrain to fit an airport.

I see that you have asked the same question at the Avsim forum and oddly, received the same reply.

Thank you for the information. Furthermore, I have FTX Global, LC Europe and North America, FTX Global Vectors, and just installed FS Global NG. Besides using the FTX utility to auto-configure the airports, should I do anything else to make sure everything is running smoothly?

Best, 

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I stand to be corrected but do Pilot's not say say the Vector AEC tool

is not compatible with FS Global NG?

Vector AEC works with Pilot's FS Global Ultimate. Just the mesh at some airports has to be 2m instead of 1m else you will have ground anomalies. 

• 3 weeks later...

This may be helpful.

I have just installed Monument Valley USMV and had a similar low elevation problem.

I cured it by disabling AEC for the local airport UT25.

FS Global Ultimate works fine now with no change in mesh.

Archived