Catalina- Aerosoft or Abacus

Hank

Abacus have just emailed me a great deal... Thier Catalina and the Super Constellation for $29:00US. I've always felt that Abacus didn't quite get a lot of detail right, though price wise they've always been cheaper. However can anyone recommend which is the better one to buy?

I know that some of the guys at aussiex have done repaints for the cat, but is it specifically for the Aerosoft model?

Cheers

Hank

I would got with Aerosoft's Catalina for sure, ive got it and it's great!

the paints over at OZx are for Aerosoft's Catalina.

Cheers,

Mitchell

I was recently talking to one of the Abacus design staff on the phone last week and he said it all "we design more in bulk for a cheaper price for a reason, they are lower quality so we can pump out more and give people a package with 5 products for the price another retailer sells one"  Myself I go for quality over quantity, Aerosoft is the go on this one.

Thanks guys... I thought as much.  Quality over quantity is definately the go.

Look at ORBX FTX...  couldn't ask for better quality could one?

Thanks for the replies... I'll delete the e-mail.

Cheers

Hank

If you haven't made your mind up yet, let me help...

The Aerosoft Catalina is a true thoroughbred. It has a real old bird feel about it, you need to know what you are doing to keep those radials humming... it is a lovely package and provides a return on investment I belive you won't get from the Abacus...

It is the difference perhaps between Harrod's and a discounter...

Andrew

At my home town where we have an airport/airfield, there is a group of very enthusiatic owners, who just a few years back bought an old Catalina, and have since cleaned it up and it flies around town here.  It's so beautiful to watch and 'Dexter Dog' I imagine the sounds from the flight Sim Cat are very close to the real mc-coy.  It's real throaty and a joy to hear.

Jim.

Archived