Bright blurry night lighting and daytime textures

Hello i don't really do a lot of night flying so not sure when this occurred but the textures with the lighting at night are awful all of a sudden :( 

I have included 2 images along with my scenery & terrain.cfg's ... what in gods name have i done. i have tried using the lights config tool also.

P3D V4.1

Thanks for any help 

2017-11-11_1-38-1-5.jpg

2017-11-11_1-42-27-957.jpg

scenery.cfg

terrain.cfg

Hi, welcome to the forums

Please first start by applying the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

ok the coordinates are ... N53° 51.54' & W1° 39.01' 

the date is set to 11/11/2017 

time is set to 00:20AM

my pc specs are i5 6600K, 16 GB ram and a 1050 TI ..... and yes, the textures are blurry in the day also at night especially with the night lighting on major roads as shown in my first images i uploaded

@Doug Sawatzky

Ok, thanks

You have two separate issues then, night lighting and blurry textures which are not related and could be caused by many things. I would highly recommend as a next step to click on the "Home" button at the top left corner of this forum and use the search window and the two items I put in bold as search criteria, then you will find tons of info that might allow you to zero in a bit closer to your specific scenarios. 

Also, It would be helpful to post some screenshot in the daytime hours, so others can get a better look.  :)

Cheers

Doug

Hi there,

as to the night lighting on the major roads: those are photoreal underlays, which allow for the long-distance display of the lit surfaces and "lamps". To keep file sizes and thus performance manageable, they have a fairly low resolution meaning there's nothing wrong with their appearance in your screenshot. In P3D you can experiment with the HDR saturation sliders to reduce their color density: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/141858-ftx-night-lighting/?tab=comments#comment-1252212

Cheers, Holger

Hi again,

indeed, PTA is the equivalent of a much more extensive user interface for those HDR settings, among other things. Thus, instead of tweaking the HDR settings in the P3D menu you could experiment with different PTA presets or settings. I don't have any first-hand experience with it but perhaps others can share tips regarding night lighting.

Cheers, Holger

ok thanks Holger :) i will have to have a look at completely removing PTA until i gain more knowledge into the night lighting settings. in the mean time i am currently in the process of uninstalling my orbX products and re-installing them to see if it fixes the problem

Archived