ESSA and moving jetways

WebMaximus

ESSA was released in Feb 2016 meaning it will turn 2 years in a not too distant future and we're still waiting for moving jetways for this rather big Scandinavian airport where these moving jetways IRL is a no brainer.

It was first promised to be added in a patch that would follow the RTM. Then we were informed you hired some external party to develop the moving jetways for you. When that didn't turn out the way you were hoping for you decided to develop a system internally instead.

What is the current status as of mid Nov 2017?

15 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

The current status remains the same.

There will be an update when it is ready.

Constantly asking the same question does not make things happen any faster,

though I see that asking the same question many times is apparently something that

you do.

What's your problem Nick being rude to paying customers?

This is far from the first time I see this tone in posts written by you. Usually I just let it pass but this time I won't because it's getting tiresome.

Reason I've asked about the seasons issue more than once is because it's a rather complex topic to fully understand when you're not a developer. As for the moving jetways I did a search for ESSA Arlanda and jetway but didn't find any recent post or information and I don't think it's unreasonable asking about it again when it's soon 2 years since the scenery was released and jetways were promised.

I've been within this arena for quite some time, I always try to be friendly and treat people in the same way I wish to be treated myself and I've invested quite an amount into products both from you and others so I can be without these type of comments. You really need to start working on your attitude Nick and learn how to communicate with paying customers being nice and polite.

I had no intention of upsetting you and I apologise for having done so.

However, there is nothing complicated about the simple statement about the jetways.

The technology is not ready, I do not know why but I must abide by the developer's 

statement, as you will have to.

As to your question about seasons, apart from the introduction by you of a new developer, 

the topic contains the same thorough explanation from Holger that you received the last time

you posed the same question.

As you asked the same question twice and received the same detailed answer twice, I deduced that you

do ask the same questions more than once.

Perhaps it could be seen as rude pointing this out, but it nevertheless is a simple fact.

• 2 months later...

I have asked the same thing and also received an unequivocal response back that "it comes when it comes".
The message at the launch was that it will be updated next time.
We've had more than one update now and write version 1.21.
To reply "There will be an update when it is ready" when you have made a commitment is not okey.

I know that ORBX does not give launch date, but actually it has been two years now and we're talking about an update, not a launch of a new product.
That's a difference, for a launch we have not given you our money and can not claim a launch date, but again we're talking about an update of the software we already paid for.

Since I can not expect an answer, would it be interesting to hear your opinion on how long it is reasonable to expect us to wait before we can ask again?

Archived