problems with rivers.

R Smith

Hi yes. Ftx global base, ftx global mesh, european airports pack, Na airports pack, orbx libraies, FTX tress steam version.

Non FTX sceneries...

Uk2000 airpoprts, east midlands, edinbrugh, london city airport, gatwick, stanstead, Jersey.

Aerosoft airports, mallorca, ibiza, pisa, naples, berlin tegel, humburg.

FSDT airports, Geneva, Zurich.

That's all of my current sceneries installed, i've tried reinstalling FTX global and runnig the auto elevation fix.

P.s apologies if i came across as rude, I've not had a very good time lately. :(

FTX Global Vector is not a mesh product.

From Nicks Orbx Product Summary,

FTX Global Vector corrects coastlines, inland water, roads, rivers and power lines.

Open LC and Vector are both designed as accessories to Global Base and textures will look odd if combined with default textures.

Mesh

Mesh can be local, regional and global. Its purpose is to best reflect the elevation of the areas that it covers.

FTX does NOT market a mesh product but regions and airports are made based on the standard of FS Global 2010. This product is marketed by a separate company, Pilot's.

Please excuse my ignorance I'm not 100% what a mesh is, but the only terrain enhancements i have are FTX Global base pack and FTX vector, I just thought Vector was a mesh thingy as it has the elevation correction option so i thought it was a mesh addon.

My understanding is that Vector places the coastlines, inland water, roads, rivers and power lines into the correct positions on the terrain as opposed to the original effort by Microsoft when creating FSX, data available today is far superior than then.

I am not aware that the Vector AEC tool controls elevations other than at airfields / airports, it certainly can't alter a Water Aerodrome.

Refering back to your 3rd picture, that is Dartford Tunnel and bridge so they would be Tilbury docks that are misplaced. The only other thing I can think of would be your scenery library positions in your sim. All the Non FTX sceneries would need to be above your FTX entries which need to be above your OLC entries. Check in FTXC3 - Settings.

Here is the correct order of a properly configured Simulator Scenery Library, showing the locations of FTX products in relation to each other, other 3rd party software and default items:

image.png

Ok I've checked and everything seems to be where it should be, but I'm not 100% certain where my orbx and uk2000 libraries should be, currently I've got them just below my addon airports and above the open LC.

Also I've remembered that I have Three Addon airports that also install extra scenery,  example LPMA, LEIB and LEPA are all on islands and also install a new island with new textures with them, but they're no where near London so i don't see how they would affect the Thames.

Hello there, thanks for the config file but It's still a mess, looking at the docks it looks like it was never modeled in to start with, with Vector off the water is there and the ships are correctly placed but with Vector on it all just land as if the dock were never put in to start with.

brbx thames bug1.jpg

brbx thames bug2.jpg

brbx thames bug3.jpg

brbx thames bug4.jpg

Hello,

Did you follow Nicks advice and set your library points in FTXCentral =  FTX scenery below addon scenery and OLC scenery below FTX scenery ?

Is your mesh set at 5m, it may be your graphic settings but I am unsure if the Thames is water or grass. Is it the same with the scenery.cfg I sent or worse ?

Have you run a Forced Migration in FTXCentral Settings, that will show if files are missing ?

1 other possibility to reinstall Vector by deleting FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK in YourSim - Orbx - User Documents - Versions, FTXCentral will then show it as Not Installed, click to reinstall.

I have configured FTX central as per nicks instuctions still the same problem, I've tried your CFG and it's till the same, also tried increasing mesh to 5m and still the same, I'll try a reinstall tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Start Orbx - Forums and check there is just the home button showing, click in the search box and enter corrupt terrain cfg if you are seeing land where there should be water.

PAOIKzD.jpg

The only difference between us, is I have FTX England and FTX Global openLC Europe installed.

Hello,

Please do not spend any more time on this.

You will not be able to fix this, I now know that the fault is with Vector and this should have been corrected years ago.

If you run FTX Central, it should correct the errors that you have introduced into the terrain.cfg file.

I will try and see if the Vector developers can do anything but their previous answer to the same question has been that rivers

have bumps in them in the simulators. :(

I you were to add FTX England, this problem is not there, mainly because FTX Vector is excluded from

England and the England developers recognised the problem and solved it, as did the Microsoft developers

before them.

Hello Nick.

That's not what I wanted to read but thanks for letting me know, Theses are more than just bumps though :lol:.

Well i do 90% of my flying in England so FTX England was something I was considering anyway, just don't like the idea of spending money to fix something that really should be patched for free. :(

Please let me know what they say.

Thanks.

however after a week of trouble shooting ORBX have just told me that this is a known bug with Vector and but they wont be fixxing it as "Simulator river have bumps in them anyway.." but when i turn off Vector and go to the default terrain its flat and correct?!

Apparently It's fixed if I buy FTX England.....

If you are going to quote me on the Avsim forum, at least do me the courtesy of quoting

what I wrote instead of your version of it.

You will not be able to fix this, I now know that the fault is with Vector and this should have been corrected years ago.

If you run FTX Central, it should correct the errors that you have introduced into the terrain.cfg file.

I will try and see if the Vector developers can do anything but their previous answer to the same question has been that rivers

have bumps in them in the simulators. :(

I you were to add FTX England, this problem is not there, mainly because FTX Vector is excluded from

England and the England developers recognised the problem and solved it, as did the Microsoft developers

before them.

A bit more detail:

FSX and P3D rivers follow the mesh contours, mesh is often imperfect because when the data is collected,

it can be distorted by structures and objects on the ground.

This would appear to be the case throughout the simulator world, whether you have a Vector product installed

or whether you do not.

The developers of FSX and of EU England have recognised this and created some flattens to remove the undulations

in the rivers.

These are not everywhere, they were only made where the developers thought the customers might fly most, near

cities and airports for example.

There is one in the area of the Thames that you are highlighting.

The developers of Vector, a company named Pilot's, clearly decided not to do this and Vector excludes all of the

default flattens, leaving rivers with undulations in the water where they were previously flattened.

The fact remains that the vast majority of simulator  rivers worldwide have undulations in them that are not corrected,

so in that respect Pilot's comment is correct.

If you wish to quote this, please use copy and paste and not your own interpretation.

Archived