FTX Global road textures

Jon Clarke

Does FTX Global Base instal new road textures and overwrite the native sim road textures.

I suddenly had roads with white line lane dividers showing which is not what the native sim roads have. I do not recall any addon I use changing the roads textures from the default v4 ones.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi there,

the default road textures are those located in \Scenery\World\texture named "hiway_{...}.bmp" and "dirtroad{...}.bmp" and are not altered by any of our products. Global Vector brings its own road textures as do the FTX Regions, all with different file names.

Even if the road textures are still original perhaps your terrain.cfg has been changed to assign different textures to the default road vectors? You could use a freeware tool such as ExamDiff to compare a default copy of terrain.cfg with your currently active version to spot any such changes.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks as always Holger. I did eventually find and view the Hiway bmps and indeed the textures had been changed. I have no recollection of how this happened. Anyway I backed up the Hiway bmps, then deleted them in the sim and ran a repair of Academic. All back to how they should be now.

FYI, I use Notepad++ which also has a "Compare" plugin to allow you to see the difference in cfgs.

Archived