Re-install Orbx Libraries

Javis

P3Dv4. I see that the vertical breaker waves are back after re-installing NA sceneries just now. Had them before and re-installing Orbx Libraries put them back horizontally. So i suppose i have to re-install the Orbx Libraries again. ( i have the latest from 1 October 2017 ). I can however do nothing with the  FTX Orbx Libraries menu. Everything's greyed-out. 

What can i do about that ??...  Thanks for any enlightment !

Cheers,

Jan

Thanks, Doug ! Worked like a charm ! 

Maybe a little too charmful even.... the breaker waves are completely gone now... Not that i mind, cheesy leftovers from a quarter of a century ago, aren't they. About time somebody should do something about them...( other than doing away with them..  :) ) The're just gone in Alaska South, the scenery i just installed and was exploring a bit. The're still there everywhere else so that's fine with me.

Thanks again, Doug ! Something to remember for next time..

Cheers,

Jan 

45 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

There are no options for the Libraries, that is why they are greyed out.

Sure, Doc, but what if you need to re-install the Libraries f.i. to remedy this vertical breaker waves syndrome ?...

An option to re-install in the Libraries Menu would be great. ( or Orbx could provide us with completely reworked, all singing and dancing breaker waves including, at suitable area's, surfer figures that ride them...  B) )

Cheers,

Jan

Hello Jan,

you make a good point.

I believe that it was never envisaged that anyone would need to uninstall the libraries,

because they are essential to all the products.

The unintended consequence, of course, is that there remains only this not very elegant

solution to re-installing them.

Perhaps at some point in the future, deleting the version file might become automated

but for now, it remains the only way.

The good news is that FTX Central is sophisticated enough to check all the files and only

download what is missing or corrupt, far better, I think, than uninstalling and then having

to download the whole thing.

The waves only behave in that strange way at higher water settings and I don't think you

would lose much, or perhaps anything, by setting water detail to medium.

Archived