Hello all of a sudden my sim started loading the scenery very very very slowly and all the ground textures are blurry. Also flying at low altitude gives long loading times while flying and blurry ground textures. It wasn't like this before. I did update the nvidia driver but then tried another version and no difference. Also deleted the shaders folder and forced migration in ftx central. What else can i do ? Changing Lod radius doesn't help either.   Please help me. Cheers. 

2017-10-17_18-28-18-269.jpeg

2017-10-17_18-28-24-333.jpeg

2017-10-17_18-28-57-838.jpeg

2017-10-17_18-29-2-461.jpeg

Whenever I have experienced this in the past, it has proved to be something running in the background. Usually an update. Updating to an AV programme, Acronis and one which really does a big hit, and then Windows itself. Try going into services and disable all updates. However, that is only one possibility. It happens primarliy because your machine does not have the processing power to load the scenery fast enough. This can be due to what I have already mentioned or simply incorrect settings with the graphics driver, duff cfg entries, or in the sim itself.

5 minutes ago, rockliffe said:

Whenever I have experienced this in the past, it has proved to be something running in the background. Usually an update. Updating to an AV programme, Acronis and one which really does a lot of damage, Windows itself. Try going into services and disable all updates. However, that is only one possibility. It happens primarliy because your machine does not have the processing power to load the scenery fast enough. This can be due to what I have already mentioned or simply incorrect settings with the graphics driver, duff cfg entries, or in the sim itself.

I'll try this option, thank you. I tried to let p3dv4 rebuild the cfg file but when i delete it and p3d starts up, it doesn't build a new one and p3d crashes so that's kind of a problem.. 

26 minutes ago, Robingoddyn said:

I'll try this option, thank you. I tried to let p3dv4 rebuild the cfg file but when i delete it and p3d starts up, it doesn't build a new one and p3d crashes so that's kind of a problem.. 

Hmm, unsure what that's about. Are you sure you're deleting the correct cfg file? It's not the TMP or text file. :) Are you using Nvidia Inspector? What sim are you running?

16 minutes ago, rockliffe said:

Hmm, unsure what that's about. Are you sure you're deleting the correct cfg file? It's not the TMP or text file. :) Are you using Nvidia Inspector? What sim are you running?

There's 3 files inside //appdata - lockheed martin-p3dv4 which do i have to delete? I run p3dv4.0 . I only use the nvidia control panel, not inspector. 

34 minutes ago, Robingoddyn said:

There's 3 files inside //appdata - lockheed martin-p3dv4 which do i have to delete? I run p3dv4.0 . I only use the nvidia control panel, not inspector. 

The correct address is: Appdata>Roaming>Lockheed Martin>Prepared3DV4>Prepar3D.cfg   Simply cut the file and copy to the desktop. That way you will always have it saved. There are likely to be three files, one is a txt file, the other a tmp file. The one You want has a file extension .cfg

I don't think for one minute this is the problem, it's just one course of action to follow that will help with the eventual outcome.

Forgive me, but I see you are a newbie so I don't know what degree of experience you have with simming. I don't want to teach my grandmother to suck eggs! :) Can you reply with your computer specs and Nvidia control panel settings and I will reply with the next course of action.

16 hours ago, rockliffe said:

The correct address is: Appdata>Roaming>Lockheed Martin>Prepared3DV4>Prepar3D.cfg   Simply cut the file and copy to the desktop. That way you will always have it saved. There are likely to be three files, one is a txt file, the other a tmp file. The one You want has a file extension .cfg

I don't think for one minute this is the problem, it's just one course of action to follow that will help with the eventual outcome.

Forgive me, but I see you are a newbie so I don't know what degree of experience you have with simming. I don't want to teach my grandmother to suck eggs! :) Can you reply with your computer specs and Nvidia control panel settings and I will reply with the next course of action.

I have been simming for about 7 years now, although i just made this account on the forum because i have never before experienced alot of problems. You help is very useful right now. My specs are : Intel i5 6402p @ 3.10 ghz  8gb of ram, windows 10 home, nvidia gtx 750ti,  prepar3dv4 (these are quite low specs but i do want to stress that this setup ran p3dv4 with these addons like butter in the past. This changed some days ago (maybe after updating the nvidia driver) The settings are in dutch but i think it speaks for itself  ( uit = off ) (aan = on) (kwaliteit = quality ) (toestaan = allow) Thanks for your help.

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.49.01.19.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.49.24.21.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.13.32.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.16.67.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.22.17.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.24.15.png

1 hour ago, Robingoddyn said:

I have been simming for about 7 years now, although i just made this account on the forum because i have never before experienced alot of problems. You help is very useful right now. My specs are : Intel i5 6402p @ 3.10 ghz  8gb of ram, windows 10 home, nvidia gtx 750ti,  prepar3dv4 (these are quite low specs but i do want to stress that this setup ran p3dv4 with these addons like butter in the past. This changed some days ago (maybe after updating the nvidia driver) The settings are in dutch but i think it speaks for itself  ( uit = off ) (aan = on) (kwaliteit = quality ) (toestaan = allow) Thanks for your help.

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.49.01.19.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.49.24.21.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.13.32.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.16.67.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.22.17.png

Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.18 - 12.50.24.15.png

Hmm, OK, I was unaware that things ran perfectly well a few days ago in P3D V4. Then in that case, it's a matter of addressing what has changed, clearly. I would suggest in the first instance, delete the Nvidia driver and reinstall the previous version. When you come to the installation options page, make sure you untick all the claptrap and only install the driver itself, none of the other nonsense. How did you update to V4.1? Two things then in that case I would suggest, the P3D update or updating the Nvidia driver.

On 18-10-2017 at 3:07 PM, rockliffe said:

Hmm, OK, I was unaware that things ran perfectly well a few days ago in P3D V4. Then in that case, it's a matter of addressing what has changed, clearly. I would suggest in the first instance, delete the Nvidia driver and reinstall the previous version. When you come to the installation options page, make sure you untick all the claptrap and only install the driver itself, none of the other nonsense. How did you update to V4.1? Two things then in that case I would suggest, the P3D update or updating the Nvidia driver.

Tried literally all of your suggestions, yet no improvement. I'm actually clueless right now... 

2 hours ago, Robingoddyn said:

Tried literally all of your suggestions, yet no improvement. I'm actually clueless right now... 

Robin, you say it ran perfectly well until you did two things 1) Upgrade P3D to V4.1 and 2) upgrade the GPU driver. By the laws of logic, I would have thought it an extremely high probability that it is one of those two things. :) The only thing I can think of is that you have changed something else that you are unaware of (?) Up until the point you said it ran perfectly well prior to making those two changes, I would have pointed the finger of blame, fairly straight at your hardware, but you say that is not the case. I will ask, does the sim run OK for stutters and framerates, or is it just the blurries? Can you do me a favour and install Nvidia Inspector and follow these settings and report back. These are settings that should work for you. Obviously insert the correct resolution for your monitor etc.You could also try a lower AA settings too.  Pay particular attention to the Anisotropic filtering, as that will affect the sharpness of terrain.

NvidInsp.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Use these settings when flying GA

6.jpg

Use these settings when flying airlines

On 20-10-2017 at 7:21 PM, rockliffe said:

Robin, you say it ran perfectly well until you did two things 1) Upgrade P3D to V4.1 and 2) upgrade the GPU driver. By the laws of logic, I would have thought it an extremely high probability that it is one of those two things. :) The only thing I can think of is that you have changed something else that you are unaware of (?) Up until the point you said it ran perfectly well prior to making those two changes, I would have pointed the finger of blame, fairly straight at your hardware, but you say that is not the case. I will ask, does the sim run OK for stutters and framerates, or is it just the blurries? Can you do me a favour and install Nvidia Inspector and follow these settings and report back. These are settings that should work for you. Obviously insert the correct resolution for your monitor etc.You could also try a lower AA settings too.  Pay particular attention to the Anisotropic filtering, as that will affect the sharpness of terrain.

NvidInsp.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Use these settings when flying GA

6.jpg

Use these settings when flying airlines

Used the nvidia settings you provided and it has certainly improved alot, not like it was before but flyable. Some further tweaking will be done to make it perfect again. Thank you very much for all your help mister! 

36 minutes ago, Robingoddyn said:

Used the nvidia settings you provided and it has certainly improved alot, not like it was before but flyable. Some further tweaking will be done to make it perfect again. Thank you very much for all your help mister! 

Pleased you're getting there. I suggest, if you haven't already done so, to try 4xSSAA in P3D. Running this instead of 8xSSAA will gain you about 25-30% in performance.

Archived