Vector coastlines issues at CBW and CZST?

PhilK

Recently flying into British Columbia, had some issues at the  a.m. airports

CBW3: not sure the airport itself is misplaced, but both runway ends over water...

lv6UJPR.jpg

CZST: As per Google imagery available, looks like a piece of land is missing at one end of the runway, or is there an airport misplacement?

vynlDYt.jpg

Thank you for your help

Blue skies

Phil,

I checked my FSX sim and I see the R/W ends at CBW3 in the water just as you do.

Stewart (CZST) however displays correctly for me both with and without RTMM addon scenery for this airport.

Perhaps a knowledgeable scenery developer can have a look at the airports and see if there is a solution.

Nick,

I did transfer the message to the suggested thread, but my question was not about possibly misplaced airports. Checking and comparing various coordinates in Google Maps and P3Dv4.1, my question would more probably be "Are the coast lines drawn by Vector at their actual place" as we are talking about very slight coordinates differences.

Thank you for your support and comprehension.

Blue skies

Philippe

Hello,

CZST is included in PFJ and as a payware stand alone airport, so it is less likely to be fixed soon, though you never know.

In both cases, it looks very different to your screen shot.

CBW3, a default airfield, appears to be in the wrong place.

image.jpg

I wonder if at least for CZST, your desire for absolute accuracy might be served by the purchase of one or both of the products.

Just a thought.

Nick,

I will certainly not go payware just for that. But I do not know or have the knowledge or processing tool to make exact location measurements, but I am not sure that the airport itself is the one to blame... So I was just reporting some visual issue at my side.

Both airports were just on my itinerary to arctic Canada, and are not a regular destination for me. So I can live without airport or vector correction...

Blue skies

Philippe

Hello again.

I rather thought that this image would show you that the default airport is misplaced.

image.jpg

Neil's topic is for mention of such errors and hopefully in time it may be fixed at no cost to yourself.

In the meantime, it might be available as freeware elsewhere or someone with ADE and a few moments might fix it for you.

Archived