ESSA grass setting doesn't stick

WebMaximus

I'm trying to disable any 3D grass for ESSA but whenever I open the config tool for ESSA none of the available grass options are ticked and I always keep getting 3D grass at ESSA althogh I don't want it.

What do I need to do to get rid of the 3D grass at ESSA?

Btw I searched for any files in the ESSA scenery folder as suggested but couldn't find one single file with grass in its name.

I also searched for all files with an .off extension and found quite a bunch of them but again none with grass in its name.

Guess next thing to try is to install ESSA a third time, I'm starting to get the hang of it by now...

You should concentrate on the files

Orbx_ESSA_FTXNOR_Objectflow.xml or Orbx_ESSA_FTXNOR_Objectflow.off

Orbx_ESSA_FTXGLOBAL_Objectflow.xml or Orbx_ESSA_FTXGLOBAL_Objectflow.off

There are three combinations, one (1) or the other (2) or both (3) off.

Thanks Nick.

Not exactly self-explanatory looking at the name of the files when you're trying to sort an issue related to 3D grass and the option for that not sticking in the config tool. I solved the issue by installing ESSA again. This was the third time I did this since the latest version of ESSA was released to solve these kind of issues where the options in the config tool don't have the wanted effect on the scenery.

What are you guys doing to sort this issue on a permanent basis by finding the actual culprit causing the config tool to get out of sync like this? Surely you don't want your customers to keep searching for and renaming files in order to make your products work correctly.

Hello,

thanks for your comments.

I have no idea why you should be experiencing this.

I cannot replicate it and I do not see many fellow customers making the same observation.

Just for you, I have uninstalled the product, reinstalled it and checked both the files and the

operation of the control panel.

I find that the installer is completely removing the product, the control panel is manipulating the files

exactly as it should, the settings persist through a restart of FTX Central as well as a restart of the control panel.

There are no duplicate files installed by the installer and none created by the control panel.

Thought I saw someone else having the same issue or at least a very similar one but if I'm indeed is the only one I guess my luck just ran out.

Oh well, working fine now since the last installation and hope to it will stay like this.

Thanks again Nick for your tips and assistance.

Archived