Installation

andersn2

I have reinstalled my fsx steam and Before that removed all traces of it in my appdata folders and programdata folder. I deleted everything in the steamapps/common folder, fsx and everything from ORBX in it.

I reinstalled the sim in a separate disc and Everything Went well. But I have now tried to reinstall all my Ftx Products with FTX central, and that has been a nightmare, it has crashed a few times, because of the missing sceneryfiles. I have renamed the folder in programdata to FSX-SE as it should be, according to the logfile. Then the download works well and an ORBX folder has been created inside the fsx folder. I have even ran the registry toll and other tip from yours forums. 

My first download of Orbx global went well I could se after comparing the default scenery with ORBX. But after that nothing I downloaded with ftx central has been installed, only downloaded to the folder, nothing is installed to the game. I have been able to add my bought Airports, ESSA and ENSG. I even tried to install Ftx vector in that way, but that caused only troubles and missing scseneries.

FTX central says Everything is installed, but in Ftx vectors controlpanel I can´t do anything. It can´t find my Fsx steam, whem I had to choose a simulator

control.PNG

Hello,

I have seen this written more than once.

5 hours ago, andersn2 said:

I have renamed the folder in programdata to FSX-SE as it should be, according to the logfile

The error message is "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg".

If FSX-SE is installed on its own, it will use the same folders as FSX-Disk Edition.

That is to say C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX for the scenery.cfg file.

If you rename the folder to FSX-SE, FSX Steam Edition will simply create another folder named FSX and a new default scenery.cfg file.

You will therefore not see any changes made by FTX Central which will be writing to FSX-SE\scenery.cfg, while the simulator continues to

read FSX\scenery.cfg.

The correct solution to the problem is to run FTX Central for FSX if FSX Steam Edition is the only simulator installed.

Here are the topics

Archived