No ground shadows at ESSA

WebMaximus

Noticed although I have the external model to cast shadows option set in P3Dv4 I don't see any shadows on the ground. I then tried another default airport in this case EFHK where I do get the shadows on the ground so seems to be an issue specific to the ESSA scenery.

Here's a couple of screenshots showing this. The first one at ESSA with no shadows on the ground and the second one at EFHK with shadows on the ground.

ky4Ghlq.jpg

Q61NkZR.jpg

Amazing how you keep learning new stuff even after all these years in this hobby :)

In this specific case it was the receive shadows for simulator objects that needed to be checked. However I lost about 6-7 FPS enabling this and I don't find it worth it so will keep it unchecked now that I at least know why I don't get these shadows.

Thanks for the tip!

44 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Amazing how you keep learning new stuff even after all these years in this hobby :)

In this specific case it was the receive shadows for simulator objects that needed to be checked. However I lost about 6-7 FPS enabling this and I don't find it worth it so will keep it unchecked now that I at least know why I don't get these shadows.

Thanks for the tip!

Glad I could help WebMaximus, I’ve never seen a satisfactory anywhere on the Internet of why this does this.

I do the same, as you too though.

I know...it's very pricey... Still though, most hobbies are ;)

I'm not sure if replacing a 980Ti with a 1080 would be worth it. I guess in order to notice any real improvement I need to go to a 1080Ti.

However lots of money as already said so I think I'll wait until my favorite store will have them in stock where I'm able to try it out and bring it back if I'm not happy with the result. If I indeed would be able to use and increase many settings I can't now it would be worth it. If I on the other hand wouldn't notice that much of a difference it certainly would not be its price.

Archived