Slow Loading for Textures After Takeoff

James Tinsley

Good Day,

I have loaded in the four purchases (in the TAG order) onto my FSXSE program using the FTXCentral3 installer and they seem to be working well.  However, upon takeoff with a Mooney Bravo I seem to outrun the graphics quickly.  I realize that the four downloads may be stressing the system but it seems I have a pretty high-end system (I could be wrong) with the hardware details below with only FSX and Orbx downloads on it and I didn't expect to outrun the graphics within just a few minutes after takeoff. 

You will have to forgive me, I have been reading quite a few posts about the same issue and some gentlemen (like Phil) have suggested to rename the FSX.config and letting FSX rebuild it.  Do I rename and then try to start the program?  Will that start the process?

Ultimately, I would like to get these graphics to show up but I am extremely new to the computer genre so many suggestions seem to go over my head.  I could post screenshots if you'd like but I believe you may have already seen 100 like the one I'm describing.

Regards,

James

My computer stats:

Intel Core i7 7700K (4.2GHz)

16G DDR4 Ram

120 GB SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5

12 minutes ago, James Tinsley said:

Good Day,

I have loaded in the four purchases (in the TAG order) onto my FSXSE program using the FTXCentral3 installer and they seem to be working well.  However, upon takeoff with a Mooney Bravo I seem to outrun the graphics quickly.  I realize that the four downloads may be stressing the system but it seems I have a pretty high-end system (I could be wrong) with the hardware details below with only FSX and Orbx downloads on it and I didn't expect to outrun the graphics within just a few minutes after takeoff. 

You will have to forgive me, I have been reading quite a few posts about the same issue and some gentlemen (like Phil) have suggested to rename the FSX.config and letting FSX rebuild it.  Do I rename and then try to start the program?  Will that start the process?

Ultimately, I would like to get these graphics to show up but I am extremely new to the computer genre so many suggestions seem to go over my head.  I could post screenshots if you'd like but I believe you may have already seen 100 like the one I'm describing.

Regards,

James

My computer stats:

Intel Core i7 7700K (4.2GHz)

16G DDR4 Ram

120 GB SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5

Hi James, sure, just cut the cfg file to somewhere safe and when FSX starts again it will automatically rebuild. Also, it would be helpful if you were to post your FSX control panel settings. There are some settings that if used together will drop the sim through the floor! Also, it's always a good idea to install the graphics driver without all the bloatware bits and whistles that come with it. So delete the graphics driver and then on reinstalling, untick everything except the driver itself. Oh, make sure your scenery positions are correct in the library too.BTW, there's nothing wrong with your system, that should work nicely without any trouble. Let's check out your slider settings in FSX though.

As a pointer:-

Lock frames to 30

Untick Lens flare

Untick aircraft casts shadow on ground

Untick Aircraft casts shadow on itself

Scenery complexity Very dense

Autogen density: Dense

Water effects Low 2x

Airport vehicle density: 0

Road vehicles: 10

Ships and ferries :10

Leisure boats: 10

Untick show aircraft labels

------------------------------------------------

Important:-----

Airline density: 25

General aviation: 0             When flying airlines

Airline density: 0

General aviation:  25        When flying GA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Rockliffe,

This gives me hope that I can still work with the system I've got.  You'll have to excuse some of my ignorance because I'd like a little clarification if you don't mind.

" delete the graphics driver and then on reinstalling, untick everything except the driver itself" - Should I do that through the "Add or Remove Programs" Utility in Windows 10 and then download a driver straight from NVIDIA?

" make sure your scenery positions are correct in the library too " - I don't believe I know what you are talking about here.  I know there is a drop down in the FTXCentral3 App that has a list but I wouldn't know 1) what position they are supposed to be in and 2) how I might reorder them.  I will definitely try to search the forums for a "suggested order" for the library.

Thanks again and I'll update soon with a post of my FSX control panel.

- James

Rockliffe, 

I did what you said with the config file and I also matched what you suggested on the settings for fsx.  It is definitely a start.  I have yet to reinstall the driver or know to what order to correct the scenery positions.  

Do you or anyone else time to give me guidance on this?  I'd hate to make a misstep and truncate the progress thus far.

- James.

Hello.

Graphics driver.

If you really want to "delete" the driver, download the latest driver from Nvidia.

Run the installer and select the custom option.

Deselect everything except the graphics and sound drivers.

Select "Clean installation".

For the scenery library entries.

Open FTX Central and go to the settings page.

Use the Insertion Point tool to place the FTX icon either at the top of your scenery library

or if you have other addon scenery, just below the lowest of them.

Place the OLC icon just below the FTX icon and click on Save.

Archived