Saitek Multi Panel

Hi Jack,

don't know about the Saitek drivers since I'm using SpadNext without any problems.

But you may check if - due to a windows update - there is an unwanted loss of power at the USB port due to energy management of Windows.

On the USB port where Saitek panels are connected, there shoud energy mangement turned off.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Thorsten

Hi JJJackson .  Saitek have been taken over by Logitech ,Logitech have set up a Saitek forum and help line , what little experience I do have tells me that its not that great but perhaps somebody their  has had a similar problem ? 

Regards 

3 hours ago, JJJackson said:

Hi Thorsten

Allready checked the USB port and unticked the "let windows power off".

Anything special I should do to get it to work through SpadNext?

Jack

Hi Jack,

with SpadNext, you may turn on virtual power for the multi panel.

cheers

Thorsten

You can submit a support ticket from within SPAD.neXt which should get answered quickly. If not, drop me a note and I will contact the author, I am a beta tester of SPAD.next

I have the Multi Panel (and the others) running in a networked configuration with Prepar3d4 without issues. Both machines Win10 (Home).

Kind regards, Michael

7 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

pmb where do I find the virtualpower support "switch"?

I have used "old" SPAD, should I maybe uninstall it?

Should I uninstall the Logitech drivers?

Jack

The virtual power switch is at the r.h.s. under "Device Settings". I have it "on" for the panels.

The logitech drivers should (I think even must) be uninstalled for the corresponding devices if you use SPAD.neXt.

Kind regards, Michael

Get this message when I start SPAD. Have uninstalled the Saitek-products in Control Panel, restarted the computer but WIN10 reinstalls them when i restart. How do I disable them so they don´t interfear with SPAD?

"Saitek DirectOutputService has been detected running! Coimmunication with the FIP devices might be disturbed and you might experience unexpected behavior!

Jack

This message means that you Saitek driver is still installed and you have to uninstall it which can be done via the Windows Control Panel. Saitek/Logitch installs two components, one is an application (in case of the panel just a test)  and the other one is the driver as such including Saitek DirectOutput.

Kind regards, Michael

That's crazy. I use Win 10 (home) and have all Saitek drivers removed (obviously for a reason) on both machines (Server and Client) and Windows keeps clean of them. Maybe it's the Windows automatic driver installation which cou can deactivate, but I think I have it on, thus I am pretty much lost here.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi,

I have to correct myself. Bear with me, it's long long ago I installed all that stuff.

Here are some facts after checking the laptop where I have the Saitek gear connected at present.

1. The panels are shown under "Printers and Devices", that's okay.

2. I still have installed "Saitek Direct Output 7.0.47.1" (Installation April 2016 - I dind't recall it). Obviously couldn't get rid of it as well.

3. Saitek drivers sit unter C:\Program Files\Saitek AND C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek. Both directories are empty in my case. If memory serves me right, I cleaned them manually long ago to get rid of the Saitek driver stuff. (Of course make a backup if you go this route).  Reboot, of course.

4. SPAD.neXt and the Panels do work under this configuration (without the warning message)

Sorry but maybe this helps.

Kind regards, Michael

Finally I managed to solve the problem.

1. As the drivers were in use as soon my computer starts I could not delete them.

2. On my computer they were in several directories Saitek AND Logitech.

3. Had to start my computer in "Safe Mode" and delete all Saitek/Logitech  directories.

4. Restart my computer and SPAD Next and....... Vóila..... no more error message.

5. The Saitek instruments still show up in my Control Panel/Devices but that doesn´t seem to be a problem.

Thanks a lot pmb for your patience and help. :D

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Archived