FTX Night Lighting

clive6354

Hello

I am trying to improve my night lighting as at present the lighting appears very yellow and the major roads espicially at low level appear too vivid .  I have used FTX Light Configurator (V1.30) without success.

Is there any setting I may have overlooked?

Should the FTX lighting entries within the scenery library be at a specific level?

Observation......everytime I run the lighting configurator i have to enter the  simulator that I  wish to configure the lights for.  Is this correct

I am flying in the United Kingdom using Global, Vector and England Landclass

P3D v4 resolution 3840 x 2160 x32

Clibve Alexander

Hi there,

I find that pulling back the Saturation slider to about 0.80 (in Options - Lighting: HDR) reduces the color strength to a more realistic level. I'm sure third-party tools like PTA offer more options for fine-tuning.

The configurator tool only changes the (floating) 3D light points, all light splashes on the ground are baked into the textures.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for your reply.  Hopefully I have resolved the problem as I had also had problems using PTA correctly.  Researching the problem I deleted my shaders and shaders HLSL folder, deleted and  re run the P3D v4 client.  This action as corrected my use of PTA and also my night lighting is now working correctly and as expected.  As an added bonus my simulator is running much better than before

Learn something new everyday

@ mike: it should work: according to the PTAs preview images the "urban areas lighting at night" tweak seems to affect the urban ground texture as well as road texture, but mainly by increasing the saturation value. Their help text says "Higher value for Saturation parameter = less light + more saturation." I will have to play with these settings a bit more.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:49 PM, Mike707 said:

Do you ever see that changing? Baked in lights seems like such old technology.

I could see it changing someday, certainly with more tech development, but as anyone who has played around with dynamic lights in v4 will tell you, a hundred or so dynamic lights in an airport scenery can bring a pretty good system to its knees, let alone what might happen if there are many thousands of dynamic lights from a large city all jostling for processor attention...

Archived