openLC Mesh South America

DaveH-UK

Which simulator?

Looks to be some mesh problem. Did you try to disable the freeware mesh?

If I am not confusing, lake surface altitude is not linked to the surrounding terrain, but are more or less hard coded, therefore the plateau or mesa effect.

I remember I did modify a long time ago such problem for an Argentinian big lake deep south, but was it for FS9 or FSX, can not remember, and using two softwares (names forgotten since these ancient times) where I had to select whole surface of the lake, and bring it down to terrain altitude...

Under P3Dv4, same SouthAmerica LC, same location, same altitude, but using Toposim (payware) mesh only, I do not have that type of problem, and just see one lake only.

Possibly try the FreeMeshX freeware (not installed at my side) to check if you get the same problem.

Blue skies

Hello,

Orbx freeware products are designed to work with Orbx products and if you choose to use them without,

you must be prepared for limitations and some anomalies.

Adding any mesh to default scenery will expose the errors in the elevation of water bodies that you see.

The mesh is freeware but it is designed to work with FTX Global Base, Open LC South America and FTX Vector.

V0xCP04.jpg

Hello. Thanks for your replies.

I only use ORBX scenery and airport products...

I have installed FSX Acceleration, FTX Global Base, and the freeware openLC Mesh South America for this area.

I was not aware I needed Open LC South America and FTX Vector for the mesh to operate correctly.

OK, Thanks for your explanation. Consider this answered.

The FSX defaults for S America are generally poor, so I thought with FTX Global Base, the free mesh and the Orbx freeware airports for S America it was worth a look. Back to Oceania region then...

Archived