Dear All,

I have been trying every possible combination to get KPSP to display correctly while South Cali is active.

If I turn South Cali scenery off and just leave NA land class, it's fine. 

But I've tried running the airport elevation correction numerous times, turned scenery off one by one, disabling everything incl vector etc...

Either I get a 100 feet wall with AEC enabled or i get a 15 feet wall with it off. 

I hate to fly to KSAN from KPSP without South California enabled... I mean, that's why I bought it.

Please help, what else can I try??

Best Regards,

Pontus

Thank you so much guys for trying to help.

Nick, Yes sir, that's the combo I've tried. I have no other scenery for this area installed.

Dave, I checked and I don't have any KPSP files at all in SCA05\SCENERY\scenery . There are other airport files in there, but no KPSP..

Is that part of my problem?

G'day Pontus, 

Firstly, could you please post a couple of screenshots of Palm Springs with AEC disabled, FTX KPSP and FTX SCA enabled? Info on how to do that can be found here: 

Secondly, a couple of suggestions: 

1. If you are still having elevation problems after disabling the AEC entry, it is possible that you have a non-ORBX scenery file that is clashing. Do you have any non-ORBX addons that may include updates to Palm Springs? Freeware, payware etc? 

2. Some AI programs include airport updates which will intefere with our scenery - if you run any of these, it would be worth investigating. The most common of these is MyTraffic - if you have this installed, the file you will need to remove is MyTraffic/Scenery/ BR2_KPSP.BGL

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

I'm a huge fan of your work. Kind of like meeting a celebrity! :-)

Here is a screen without AEC

DbW7JOc.jpg

Here is a screen with AEC

uGwnizW.jpg

This a resonalby clean install of p3dv4. I haven't installed any airports other than ORBXs in NA.

I have a few airports installed in Europe such as Flytampa etc. But I have tried unloading everything but active scenery.

I remember having a similar problem years ago with Aerosoft Trondheim/Vaernes. I managed to solve it by setting mesh resolution in p3dv3 to 5m i think.

So I have tried every possible combo of texture resolution and mesh res... To no avail....

I don't have Mytraffic, but do use Ultimate Traffic Live. (I have tried while having UTL uninstalled.)

Anything else you guys could have me try. I'm completely lost here...

Best Regards,

Pontus Hagen

G'day Pontus, 

The next item to do is to run a search of your P3D folder for the term "KPSP" and see if this gives any clues to conflicting sceneries - you will looking for bgl files in particular. 

Likewise, run a search in this forum for KPSP elevation errors - again this might point you in the direction of a specific issue that has given problems for other users. 

Apologies in advance - I'm on holidays for the next couple of weeks so will be a little slow in my replies. 

Cheers

Hi,

I have another issue with ORBX vector. I actually had the exact same problem in my old p3dv3 install.

All lakes are elevated and drags the landmass with it. Resulting in massive volcanoes all over.

Here is a picture.

yiihjHb.jpg

See all those peaks? They appear where ever there is a small lake.

This issue appears in southern and northern California.

If I disable just one of the Vector library entries, they go away. (Can't recall which one)

Could these two issues be related??

Hi Nick,

Yes, I used to have freemeshX installed.

So I activated all entries in my library. Went through all options of North and South California and re ran the elevation correction tool in Vector and VOILA!

Not sure what did it, but Palms Spring now displays correctly, as do the Vancouver mountains... (From the screenshot above)

Thank you all for trying to help, I really appreciate it. Have a great week.

Archived