GlennH

30 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

like this?

001602.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ouch! :D

Thanks for the feedback.

You will notice that even in your picture, the runway numbers and markings are still visible.

However, here is an alternate view........

cyqm.PNG.jpg

I would imagine that the freeware developer used the image he found at the time.

I would also imagine that freeware does not cover the level of detail that might be

expected from a payware product.

Presumably there have been changes at the real world airport since the photograph dated 2006

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

I would imagine that the freeware developer used the image he found at the time.

I would also imagine that freeware does not cover the level of detail that might be

expected from a payware product.

Sure, I appreciate its freeware. Covering up the runway markings makes little sense to me though to be quite honest.

I suspect the air photo I originally used had the concrete with no markings. The current air photos show just the asphalt. The concrete pads at the runway starts are left over from World War II and are slowly disappearing over time but lasted a long time as the concrete was stronger. We usually try to match the textures as closely as we can to the existing runway and apron textures. ( You will notice that the aprons have a variety of textures) I also match the runway marking to the air photos as closely as possible so some have no numbers or no centre lines. This results in more interesting airports than the default. Since the runway has changed to asphalt in that area I will probably remove the concrete pad and release a revision since you have pointed it out. Because of the large number of airports that have been done it is impossible to keep up with all the changes and still get some new airports done. Hope this explains the process.

Larry

1 hour ago, larryisenor said:

I suspect the air photo I originally used had the concrete with no markings. The current air photos show just the asphalt. The concrete pads at the runway starts are left over from World War II and are slowly disappearing over time but lasted a long time as the concrete was stronger. We usually try to match the textures as closely as we can to the existing runway and apron textures. ( You will notice that the aprons have a variety of textures) I also match the runway marking to the air photos as closely as possible so some have no numbers or no centre lines. This results in more interesting airports than the default. Since the runway has changed to asphalt in that area I will probably remove the concrete pad and release a revision since you have pointed it out. Because of the large number of airports that have been done it is impossible to keep up with all the changes and still get some new airports done. Hope this explains the process.

Larry

No worries at all Larry. I should just say 'thanks' because its great that you do these free upgrades. I was more concerned that it was some kind of corrupt texture call at my end to be honest. When it appeared that the texture was deliberate, it just didn't seem to make sense. Thanks for the explanation and also, once again, doing these free upgrades.

Archived