Thankyou for the hot august sale orbx

Rodneyprice

Thankyou ORBX for the hot august sale   , I have spent some dollars , next investment will have to be a bigger ssd drive

My flight sim dedicated 250 gig ssd drive is now full with P3DV4 , ORBX , PMDG  and some other third party airports ,

I love all the ORBX scenery I have purchased and look forward to more new releases , after I pick myself up from being whipped by the lovely wife for spending so much LOL .

20258088_1510957278942585_6719943471809013347_n.jpg

I agree :). The sale has allowed me to explore new areas and purchase products that I would probably never have purchased at full price. Not because they are not worth the full price - far from it as all orbx work is excellent.

But one has to live within a budget and the sale has allowed me to enjoy new experiences :).

Thanks!

Cheers Paul

Just a comment on the use of SSD drives. I have one on my new PC - 256gb. I immediately installed FSX and all my add-ons on it to enjoy the speed benefits of an SSD drive. It didn't take long before I realized I had boxed myself into a corner leaving very little room for future growth. 

On on my old PC, I had my HDD partitioned with FSX on its own partition. I noticed that only the system drive suffered from fragmentation through normal use, I.e., performing flights. The FSX partition only sometimes required defragmenting after installing software on the partition.

therefore, I rebuilt the PC leaving the SSD as the system drive, which sees lots of disk write activity and partitioned the HDD to install FSX on its own partition. 

I've been impressed with the performance of the sim and have seen little or no fragmentation issues. 

Regards, Paul

Archived