LOWI: AFD possible with all gates enabled?

Er!k

Hello ORBX team,

Just purchased LOWI, and deactivated statics because I use an own AI package. The AFD file however still does not contain parking positions for the gates where the static aircraft are positioned. I also own ESSA, and if you disable statics there, automatically another AFD file is activated containing all gates.

I hope you can help me!

Erik

Hi,

I may be corrected, but I'm pretty sure the gates remain unusable even with statics turned off, so really you might as well turn them back on.  I was just watching the Air Daily X preview/tour of LOWI with commentary by D'Andre and Jarrad a few days ago, and this was mentioned.

It seems that there are plenty of usable gates for the amount of traffic which lands at LOWI on a regular basis, which is apparently not a lot.

Cheers,

G'day Erik,

As you've deduced (and Scott has confirmed), the parking allocations don't change whether you have statics disabled or not. The reason for this is related to the static aircraft options in the control panel - having more than one or two different selections (ie Airlines, GA, corporate etc) makes it unfeasible to make unique ADE files for every possible control panel combination. At airports where there this is less of a problem (ESSA and YBCS are good examples), then we have made duplicate ADE files to match. With full static options, the airport is designed to roughly look like a mid-winter ramp rather than the quieter summer months - a busy scenery is far more interesting than a quiet one :)

If your AI package uses real-world summer schedules, it is highly unlikely for your airline ramp to be full at any given time - this doesn't factor in some AI packages that synthetically over-populate airports with traffic. The beta team tested this quite a bit with various packages during development - we paid special attention to this aspect given the unusual characteristics of the AI approaches built into the airport.

The exception to this general rule would be if your AI plans include winter schedules - in the real world the aprons get so full on some weekends in Jan/Feb that they have to park airline charters on the taxiway! 

In any case, if you do find your ramp full, and wish to add more parking, this can quite easily be done by using the freeware Airport Design Editor (ADE) tool - the file you are after is FTX_AA_LOWI/scenery/Westsim_Innsbruck_APX.bgl

Cheers,

Jarrad

hzxIR9S.jpg

Hi Jarrad, thanks for the explanation! It makes sense. With statics enabled I found 2 minor issues:

- Transavia engine logo is mirrored on the right side of the aircraft

- Disabling the static airliners does not work?

Archived