Similar Problem as AndyRocky1 b=re Globla Base Pack

mnowinski

I've been trying to get my similar problem resolved for about a week now with no success.

I'm trying to install GBP 1.41 and keep getting the "error" message saying it won't install.  My first attempt was to remove the text doc from the Version folder and try and reinstall.  No luck there and getting same error message.  I;ve tried instgalling with FTXCv3 and also down loading and install the "Manual" files with no luck.

I just came across Andy's posts and followed some on the suggestions offered there with no luck.  UAC turned off, only Anti-virus protection is standard Windows 7 Defender and I never get any problems for it with previous ORBX file installs or other software.  Checked my C: drive and have almost 48 GB freespace.  My FSX (and all ORBX Scenery is on separate drive with over 230GB free.)  The ONLY situation I that bothers me is that I previously had the old Australia CD version installed which is not recognized by FTXCv3 and I uninstalled it according to the ORBX procedures.

I am at a complete loss now as to why GBP will not install and can use any help.  Or am I relegated to uninstalling and reinstalling ALL of my ORBX scenery?

Thanks very much.

No that's not it, so there's no error yet. So maybe your manual download is corrupt, to check this try to extract it to a new separate folder, if it doesn't extract successfully it is corrupt and you will need to redownload it with a download manager until you get a non corrupt .zip, and be sure to clear your browser cache before every DL attempt, I use Ccleaner for this.

Doug,

1.  My manual download extracted OK.  Even re-downloaded it a second time and it extracted fine as well.

2.  Made sure my UAC was turned off and No antivirus software running.

3.  Ran FTXCv3 and selected to use my own downloaded file for update (3 times) and keep getting the following:

First image show location where FTXC hangs each time I try it.

U-Zm8_-xTlmTuL3g4dC0dw.png

Second image shows the error message each time

rU3xq340QGmMDauO7gKBJg.png.

Mike

The only other suggestion I have at this time is, is it possible the 48GB free space on your C:\ is extremely fragmented and FTXC3 is not happy with it? So maybe try a defrag or better yet move the temp folder to another drive as per the below article. The temp folder that FTXC3 uses for DL and unzip is located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818?auth=1

Cheers

Doug

Doug,

Moved 3 files listed below to my primary hard drive that has over 500 GB of storage left.  Followed instructions to change locations for System which went fine.  All files located on "G" drive.

Ran FTXCv3 and re-downloaded GBP and tried installing, again...no success with same message.  Also tried installing from a Manual Download with no success.  If no other options, is there an instruction page to go over complete uninstall and reinstall of all ORBX scenery files?

Thanks

j22b_3l1TcmXDWHm0VcaTQ.png

Apologies for the delayed reply about this issue.

It was as you said about the minimal space left on my "C" drive.  I replaced the 180 gb SDD with a 500 gb and GBP installed with no problems.  Plus, I reformatted ther 180 SSD and now have it as a backup drive.

Thanks for your help.

Archived